Solved

Text messages from Cricket

• 14 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

How do I set only one line to get text messages from Cricket?  I don’t want all my lines getting them, it is very annoying,  Specially your payment made / received, etc

icon

Best answer by James_Cricket 14 October 2021, 20:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @carlitos008! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. Unfortunately, since we do not provide paper billing to customers as a prepaid wireless carrier, we must send notifications to all lines on the account to ensure that information is received in regards to account management, payments, etc. We do apologize for the inconvenience. 

Badge +1

Then how do you guys make this happen?  I get 100 notices telling me you can manage your account at "cricketwirless.com” but if you can’t change something so basic then it is not really managing.

I will even suggest how:  Make one lines the primary line and have that line receive notices.  Make it something which cannot be changed.  Also request the use of an email.

I am sure AT&T does things s like that.

Not happy with that?  allow the other lines to opt in to receive messages as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thank you for your feedback @carlitos008. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the same features as AT&T as they are a postpaid carrier while we are prepaid. At this time, Cricket requires that all lines are sent SMS notifications on their Cricket account. You can only manage allowed changes with your Cricket login via the Cricket website or the myCricket app. The feature that you are attempting to change is not an allowed change at this time. 

Badge +1

Where do I make an official suggestion for such feature?  I am sure I am not the only one looking form something like that

Badge +1

@carlitos008 

Sharing suggestions is easy by posting here to our Community Forum! Thank you for this feedback!