Solved

Unable to cancel order due to a forced 5G upgrade

• 8 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Placed an order online for an upgrade to my phone do to the 5G forced upgrade.  Order was placed on 1/5, shipping conformation on 1/6 that is was by UPS Next Day Air Saver.  Tracking through UPS showing phone will now not arrive till 1/10.  I understand shipping issues with UPS that Cricket has no control over.

The issue I am dealing with is:

1. Unable to cancel order that has already been shipped.
  2. Cannot purchase phone upgrade in store because phone has already shipped.
  3. Unable to order another phone upgrade on my account until first phone that was ordered is activated.
  4. Was told by Cricket support that the online rebate deal for the ‘forced’ upgrade to my phone most likely will not apply if I decide to purchase it in the store anyway.

Overall, to upgrade 2 phones on my account will take nearly a week or more to accomplish, since I do not know how long it will take to get the second phone after I activate the first phone.  This is very disrupting an inefficient service.  Hopefully I am just a random specific case and this is not the norm as I have been a Cricket customer for nearly 3 years now and have had no major complaints.

icon

Best answer by James_Cricket 9 January 2022, 18:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @darinwarf! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with upgrading your device. We are more than happy to look further into this for you and see how we can further assist you. For further assistance, please reach out to our support team on Facebook (m.me/cricketwireless) or Twitter (@cricketsupport) :thumbsup:

Badge +1

@James_Cricket Thank you for the reply, but I feel there is no real solution to the immediate problem at this time since I got the same answer from online chat and phone support reps.  I was just posting my concern about the inefficient way the phone upgrade process is handled.  If the second phone I have to upgrade has similar issues, I will have to possibly consider a different carrier.

One other suggestion, the fact that when I make a phone call, it gets interrupted by forwarding me to Cricket support to talk with a rep about doing an upgrade is very unprofessional.  If the call I was making was an emergency, and the wasted time needed to end the support call to try and place another call to my intended number, can be a serious situation.  I hope you take that into account next time there is a ‘forced’ upgrade campaign.