Why are they only giving me 28 service days?

I paid 30 dollars, and a 5 dollar re-activation fee on 2/7/2020. I didn't realize it only gave me 28 days of service, The service cards even show 30 days of service. Why is this? I get a text today reminding me my service goes out on Friday. Is it now 28 days for service? I mean how do you deal with people that get a phone during the middle of the month? You can't give them 15 days of service for a months payment.

7 replies

Userlevel 2

It's a shortened month. I see the same thing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@stickmanmike85 

:smileysurprised::smileyindifferent:

February is shorter month. Your billing cycle is what it is even on the months with 31 days. 

Why have prepaid service cards then? I think this is going to make me go back to straight talk,no hidden bs there, 30 days service cards for the same price I am paying and I cant get customer service to answer at all with cricket.

Userlevel 2

I've never seen service days cards for Cricket. I see them in $ amounts...like $20, $30, $50, and $60 at Walmart.

How do you see them at walmart? Cricket isnt a walmart service. They dont have them in the 5 walmarts that are around in this area, one of them being one of the biggest superstores in my state. Target sells them in this area and they have cards that say "Service Cards" says 30 days on them too. I will take pics and post links up for you to see and take in.

A refill card isn't a service card also.

Userlevel 2

@stickmanmike85 wrote:

How do you see them at walmart? Cricket isnt a walmart service. They dont have them in the 5 walmarts that are around in this area, one of them being one of the biggest superstores in my state. Target sells them in this area and they have cards that say "Service Cards" says 30 days on them too. I will take pics and post links up for you to see and take in.

I don't know what to tell you. They sell them at Walmart along with the refill type cards. They also sell 8-10 of their cheaper phones...the Moto G6 being the fanciest phone they sell. They have a section almost the same size as all of the other prepaid services at the store I shop at. I've been buying two $30 cards each month since last September. Being able to buy service cards is one of the reasons I switched from Tracfone to Cricket.