Solved

Changing the name on one of my lines?

• 2 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to add my wife to a bank account I just opened. As part of the process, it is requiring her to either get a text code at a phone that is in her name, or physically go into a branch (which is pretty inconvenient). I opened our Cricket Wireless account, and it appears that both of our phone lines are in my name. Can I change her line to be in her name without removing it from my account? Or can I change both lines to be in both of our names? There doesn’t seem to be a way to edit the name of the account in “Account Settings”.

icon

Best answer by Marlena_Cricket 4 November 2022, 00:55

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

You can call cricket customer service they can make that change for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @tomvalois and welcome to the Community Forum! We can only have one person listed as the account owner. We can transfer ownership to your wife, just shoot us a private message @CricketSupport and include your wireless number and her name. 

Badge

I need transfer ownership of my account too Oleta Renee Miller dob. 07/25/1974 for phone numbers 479-462-5461 and 479-208-8427

Badge

I don't remember my pin to my account and I don't have anyway to call them or go into the store 

Badge +1

Hi @tomvalois and welcome to the Community Forum! We can only have one person listed as the account owner. We can transfer ownership to your wife, just shoot us a private message @CricketSupport and include your wireless number and her name. 

But if I do that, then it will be her name, so the same thing might happen to me in the future, right? A few months ago, I signed up for TreasuryDirect at the IRS, and it did the same thing - I had to get a code from them at a number that was in my name. In that case, it was fine, because it was actually in my name. But I assume that means my wife can’t open a TreasuryDirect account if she wants to.

There is no way to assign a different name to each line? This cannot be overcome? If so, is that only a Cricket thing? Will I still have the same issue if I switch our lines to a different carrier?

Badge +1

We can only have one person listed as the account owner. 

It seems like it would be technologically trivial to add other owners. Or to assign a name to each line. But you say “we can only...” - like there is some sort of law, or company rule, or technical hurdle, that makes it impossible. I am genuinely interested in knowing why my wife can’t have her name associated with her own phone. If you don’t know the answer to that, please look into it, and get back to me.