Question

Family of five can only order three phones, help !

• 1 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

We have five members of the family, five lines with cricket. They only let 3 of us have upgraded phones. The other two family members are stuck with their old old phones ! We get this message at checkout:

We cannot ship to the address you entered. Looks like you've reached the maximum number of orders allowed for one address.

6 replies

Badge +1

Sounds like discrimination against large families.   This happens.  Friends with a large family have had to use the state attorney general to show discrimination with a variety of services, including gyms, cell providers and other services.

Badge +1

Right? If theres a limit on phones, why allow five lines ? it makes no sense. What do they think we are? Should our  last name be something out of the movie The GodFather, ROFL. If thats how the world sees us.

Badge +1

It can be nice if they can explain if theres a time limit. LIke so many phones in a segment of calendar year. That would help then we wouldnt try to upgrade at the same time. On chat last night even the customer service didnt know, they rudely gave up and left the chat without even a thank you or good bye or apology, they left me hanging. 

Badge +1

My recent experiences with customer service suggests poor training, and little support for the representatives.  They are extremely limited in what they can fix.  It has me rethinking whether I should risk putting business phones on Cricket.  I simply can’t afford 30 minute holds to reach a rep who may not be able to help.  On the other hand, if one has time to deal with long holds, and multiple calls needed and business unfriendly practices, then Cricket should still be considered.

Badge +1

Last night for me, it was 25 minutes till a rep came on. And then the chat was sluggish and slow and took another 30 minutes for the rep to look up my account with their very limited knowledge only for them to give up.  We used chat cause of past experience with live phone call that sounded like it was routed to India. I am usually ok with that, but the guy we got could barely speak or understand us. My eyes are opened how this company is mediocore in terms of service.

Badge +1

I think I called 9 times yesterday.  4 were disconnected within 30 seconds of talking with a rep, before we even finished the introduction part.

It’s easy to blame the reps, but one has to realize that the company has decided to limit the customer service rep authority, training and access to supervisors and level 2 support people.  Unfortunately that means we spend more time trying to solve problems, and that quickly erodes any savings we might have gone to Cricket for.