Solved

Cricket Dream

• 25 February 2022
  • 14 replies

Badge

This is by far the WORST phone I've ever had. No way to turn off notifications on home screen. Drops call after call after call. The volume is constantly going up and down on it's own. 

I'm disabled and absolutely can not count on this p.o s. Phone.   No wonder it was free. My husband had to return his piece of crap Dream the 2nd day. 

Going to talk to the Disabled Veterans about your useless phone. 

icon

Best answer by jdor_Cricket 1 March 2022, 19:53

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with the Cricket Dream 5G. I would suggest to make sure you have the latest software update installed, to check if there is a pending software fix available for your issue. Please know that Our devices come with a 7-day return policy starting from the day you received device that allows you to change it for something that better fits your needs.

Badge

7 days!! I have had mine a little more than a month each time something new would go aray.Volume just shuts off or changes by itself. Drops calls, People can't hear you then you check and the volume was off all by itself. Absolutely worst phone on the market are we stuck with this or do we just have to return and get a different service, this phone is absolutely worthless to me.Might as well not have one.

Badge

I totally support you.

Badge +1

I switched to Cricket in Feb and got 4 of the dream phones for my family and I and OMG they are horrible!!! Mine do everything you have described PLUS more. I was told by a rep I can return them for the same phone or PAY for new ones!!! Absolutely ridiculous.  

Badge +1

Personally I haven't had any of the issues your experiencing but to me it sounds like you guys and gals are demanding more power than the device can handle keep in mind application do not close themselves on any device.. also some apps on the play store are malicious and will over consume your ram to mine Bitcoin or some other crypto currency.. if your storage is almost full the yes your device functionality will be less than promising currently I'm not using any of the stock applications because the device is full of bloat ware uninstall that crap and cricket/att you need to update you dag on device.. a 5g device with android 11 and yet the cricket vision plus has Android 13 smh 

Badge +1

Google messages

Google dialer 

Lawnchair launcher for stock android 11

Also enable dev mode turn animations to zero 

Background applications to 2 

For a better YouTube/YouTube music experience download Vanced manager

Uninstall/disable the original YouTube and YouTube music 

Delete/uninstall any cricket bloat ware immediately 

Disable true volume 

And make sure to keep enough storage onboard the device for basic functionality by clearing any unused apps or download software and apps 

Personally I used apkmirror to Manually update my apps or obtain these apps also you can download them from the store but they are missing key features..

Badge +1

This will improve your device dramatically I promise that only time I've had any issues like your having is when I installed call of duty, apex and alot of large games and files but once I cleared the storage works fine sometimes you may even have to force close applications because they take up too much ram and the only complaint I have is the u.i keeps overlapping my apps and won't leave the screen  

Badge +1

Badge +1

Badge +1

Badge +1

No root even tho I could get root fairly easily and install a custom recovery and update it myself threw twrp and lineage os.. I'm still running stock os.. altho I have manually updated my apps so performance would be better..

Badge +1

Badge +1

Still they should be ashamed that a older device is running a newer os than this 5g device.. prob could run Android 13 fairly easily and run pretty smooth.. plus the security update just recently added is absolutely useless and defeated the point if new software is already available.. means this security update was already broken before the device even got the update..

Badge +1

Who ever is working on these updates really needs to be fired and someone's with actual knowledge on this matter needs to be doing the work I suggest contacting the team over at lineage os cause they could do a better job at it than your current technicians or even Google