Solved

How to block texts coming from email addresses

• 8 February 2020
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 1
I have literally been getting these same types of emails almost every day for the past 5 or so days...they are coming from hotmail addresses and include links to “blogspot.com” websites...they are so annoying and I have no idea how to stop them! I’m also quite concerned with how these people got a hold of my phone number in the first place...please Cricket make it stop 😞
Userlevel 1

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!

I receive these at least once a week, from a throwaway random email address, usually as group text to many phone numbers almost identical to mine. The text or link usually has Chinese characters (which is a guess, since I do not speak Chinese). Obviously I delete and do not reply, but the real solution needs to be that Cricket customers MUST have the ability to turn off receiving text messages from email addresses!  

Please, fix this. It is annoying, and potentially harmful to people, especially children. I do not know what the links go to, obviously, but you need to fix this.

Userlevel 1
Blocking your own number doesnt work for me. But this seems like it's becoming a recurring issue in the cricket service. Something isnt right in cricket and whatever it is needs fixed. Now. I feel like using my phone is unsafe and unprotected. Why cant we block spam like AT&T? It's coming in as random hotmail sent emails. If your having the same issue, please, stand up now

So, according to this response on another forum  and this response to a different question on this forum,  if you can block your own phone number it should stop you from getting text from email addresses. Goto your messaging app, send a text to your phone number and then block it. Im not positive this will work, but it's better than paying 15 bucks and its free to try.

So I'm guessing this didn't get resolved? I have the same problem and paying $15 to change my number? I think I'll just shift to another service provider instead.

Userlevel 2
Badge

THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION - Charging people for your Faulty Software is Unbelievably Negligent 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Charging People to Change a Number is not a solution it is a Huge Problem - How do we know it isn't a Cricket Partner sending the Texts? You would get $15 each time you betrayed your customers and all our Legitimate Contacts have the Existing Number  - YOU NEED TO FIX THIS or I see a Class Action lawsuit coming your way - You cannot charge people for something they didn't BREAK 

Userlevel 2
Badge

That's a Awful Solution how does the consumer not know if the Spam texts from Email are coming from Cricket connections - $15 to change the Phone Number is not a solution it is not even a Bandaide on the Problem after all our legitimate contacts have the number - FIX THIS or I see a Class Action coming your way 

Userlevel 1
So, are you saying that Cricket can't do what it's parent company AT&T can do? They have the ability to turn off messages from emails....
https://forums.att.com/conversations/account-features/block-text-messages-from-email-address-spammers-latest-technique/5df02b91bad5f2f606e8c5d2
Userlevel 1
So, are you saying that Cricket can't do what it's parent company AT&T can do? They have the ability to turn off messages from emails....
https://forums.att.com/conversations/account-features/block-text-messages-from-email-address-spammers-latest-technique/5df02b91bad5f2f606e8c5d2
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello @akan001! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. We recommend downloading the app Hiya which blocks unwanted calls and messages. However, if this does not work, Cricket is able to change your telephone number for a $15 fee.