I had to buy a new phone because the microphone on ,my old phone did not seem to work right.
The salesman activated the new phone right away. When I got home, I researched how to migrate the apps, "Use Motorola Migrate app", but now the old phone says “You're Offline”.
Is there a way to get Motorola Migrate to work when the old phone no longer has cell service?
Is there a way to manually migrate ‘Messages’ app data to the new phone?
Best answer by salsak1ng
re: "old phone no longer has cell service"
The key thing that I did not know was that you could put the new sim card into the old phone and it will work again. I did so and was able to install "SMS Backup & Restore" app.
1. move new sim card to old phone
2. install "SMS Backup & Restore" app on old phone
3. Perform backup on the old phone
4. move new sim card back to new phone
5. install "SMS Backup & Restore" app on new phone
6. Perform restore on the new phone.
There are similar apps in the google store, but the one from SyncTech Pty Ltd was the one recommend to me.
It worked well, except that I had already used the new phone for one day and after the restore, lost the messages from that day.