Question

Cricket Core vs 10gb for 4 Lines

• 21 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

For 4 lines, I see that getting the unlimited core plan is the cheapest option. It is cheaper than the fixed 2gb and 10gb plans. Currently, I’m on a grandfathered 10gb plan for 4 lines for $100 a month, so unlimited core for $25/month for 4 lines is the same price. Is there any reason to not upgrade to the unlimited plan?

Previously, I’ve avoided the core plan because of the throttled speeds, but now that the speed caps are removed from all the plans, I’m considering switching. On the plans page, the only downsides I see of the core plan instead of the 10gb plan are the 480p streaming and it says that data may temporarily be slowed if the network is busy. I’m fine with 480p video streaming on data, but I don’t want slower data. However, I read into the details page (https://www.cricketwireless.com/legal-info/mobile-broadband-information.html) about data speeds some, and, as far as I can tell, there’s no difference in throttling between the 2 plans: “Except for the Cricket More plan, Cricket may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.” Have I missed something here, or is there actually no difference in deprioritization between the 2 plans?

Thanks for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @RestaurantVisual582! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. The main speed difference between the $55 Cricket Core plan is that Cricket may temporarily slow data speeds if the network becomes busy. There is no difference in deprioritization between the two plans.

Badge +1

Thanks for the answer! However, I thought that deprioritization is the act of slowing down data when the network is busy; on Google I see “data deprioritization is the temporary slowing of your phone's data speeds, but only during times when the network is ‘congested’ or experiencing high traffic.” So first you said that the core plan will be slowed in a busy network, but then say there is no difference in how this is handled between the 2 plans. Am I misunderstanding what deprioritization is? Or otherwise, is there actually a difference between the two plans in how the slowed speeds are handled?