Question

CW ad says the have 5G data plans, what 5g hot spot is compatible with 5G

• 11 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I would like to switch to Cricket for their 100GB data plan but I am not able to find any hot spot with an IMEI that is compatible.  All they seem to sell is an extremely low end 4g hotspot. 

I have asked for a list of compatible hot spots but no available at cricket (voice or chat) appears to even know what that means.  

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@bigbillsd 

🤔Not sure if this would help, but I know Cricket sells devices through Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart… they have to have more 5G hotspot options there. I only see one on crickets website. It has good reviews 🙂

Badge +1

Early this morning I was able to get to someone that told me there are three 5G hot spots that they will activate.

Inseego MiFi M1000

HTC Hub

Netgear Nighthawk M5  

Badge +1

I just picked up an HTC hub,  the IMEI checker says its compatible.  It says its 5G, but it only appears to support 1 5g band.  Probably going to send it back.   

Badge +1

@bigbillsd

🤔Not sure if this would help, but I know Cricket sells devices through Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart… they have to have more 5G hotspot options there. I only see one on crickets website. It has good reviews 🙂

They have nothing except that single “ancient” hotspot 2 device.