Question

3G Shutdown - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

• 27 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi! I am hoping to confirm if my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will continue to work on Cricket’s network after the 3G shutdown. I did receive the text message from Cricket regarding the shutdown. However, I’ve been checking the Cricket site (specifically the “Device Compatibility” lookup) and I received the “Yay, your Samsung SM-G925A is compatible!” message when plugging in my phone’s IMEI ID. This leads me to believe that my phone will work after the shutdown.

I should note that I checked other carriers and it appears that my phone will work on their platforms after the shutdown. For example, AT&T is indicating that my phone will continue to be supported on their network after the decom. This furthers my belief that my phone should continue to work as Cricket uses AT&T’s network for service.

Thanks for any confirmation regarding if my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) will continue to work on Cricket’s network after the 3G shutdown. My phone works perfectly and I really have no desire to get a new phone.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @GalaxyGA !

Thanks for your post. If your device is showing up as compatible when you enter the IMEI in the link below, then your device will continue to work after 3G shutdown. :)

BYOP

Badge +1

Thanks jdor_Cricket!

Yeah, that’s the page where I received the “Yay, your Samsung SM-G925A is compatible!” message. Thanks for confirming that I should be good to go! Just strange that Cricket would text me saying that I need to replace my phone because of the shutdown even though the Cricket site notes that I’m okay. Oh well! Glad I don’t need to purchase a new phone - especially when my phone (even though it’s old) works great!