Question

cricket won't unlock my old Cricket phone

So I got an old Galaxy from cricket yeah I get it it hasn't been active for the whole 6 months but it's been active for two months I've been with Cricket a little over a year I have two other phones from cricket that is a lot and they unlocked it before the 6 months because the one phone right before I got my Galaxy only had it for 2 months and the Galaxy I've had for like two and a half months but I don't use it no more so why can't I get it unlocked I have another sim card that I need to keep active to keep the service on me and also I'm using four different carriers right now to see who I like better so far TracFone is out I don't mind staying with Cricket they're the best so far other than the unlocking policy even if it's an old phone unlocked

2 replies

Userlevel 3

@ThaddWayne666 

Thank you for reaching out.  Unfortunately, the unlocking policy is for the device activation length, not the account longevity.  

Userlevel 3

@ThaddWayne666

Thank you for reaching out.  Unfortunately, the unlocking policy is for the device activation length, not the account longevity.  

@ThaddWayne666 yeah, they only make exceptions if you’re deployed overseas. I would suggest selling them privately.