Solved

One UI5 Android 13 for s20 5G Series

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Does Cricket have projected rollout date for One UI5 Android 13 the S20 5G and the S20+5G Samsung phones? I've seen some of new features (Bugs) on other S series phones and I have some concerns about 13's stability as a whole. I am currently on update FVK4 DEC 1, 2022. Thank you in advance for responding.

icon

Best answer by CD_Cricket 12 January 2023, 02:07

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

We don’t have software information available but updated will go out as soon as available and approved.

Badge +1

WOW, that was possibly the smoothest and most velvety brush off I have ever experienced! In fact, I'm experiencing a wash of goose bumps on the back of my neck and down my arms! CD, for 15 years I managed data center merges and migrations. I was the guy who wore the jacket or shirt with the really big target on his back. I did one migration that moved from Pontiac Michigan to Sao Paulo Brazil,  in just under 8 hours and that included full end-user testing that took 4 of those 8 hours away from the migration team.

I did another in Malaysia the Amdahl, Hitachi and IBM all said, impossible! CD, look I've been in my fair share stressful INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Rollouts and you will do just about anything to not give out forward looking information. And never use the term "We project completion by XX-XX-XXXX!" That's a death sentence!!!

So if everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, what time frame COULD we be looking at on the high side? April, May or even June? Or are we nudging toward late February thru March? Come on CD, why don't ya throw us a bone! False hope is better than no hope at all.

MikeM

Badge +1

Hey CD, are you out there? I finally got the ONE UI 5.0 Android 13 update. I'm on the VGL5 update version and so far, keep your fingers crossed, NO BUGS TO REPORT! I've been testing on both of my phones. I've got a Galaxy S20 5G, 128GB Storage,12GB memory and a Galaxy S20+ 5G, 128GB Storage, 12GB Memory, and both are doing great! So far no creature features and performance is about the same but there was noticeable improvement in certain area's. All I can say is GREAT JOB BROTHER!

Thank you,

MikeM