Solved

Samsung Galaxy S22 Hotspot

• 1 May 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to fix the issue with the S22 hotspot. It is not working. I know it's not on the listed devices for hot spot. Is cricket going to add? I've called customer service and they told me the phone should work woth hotspot based on the iemi.

icon

Best answer by MamasitaMarz 10 May 2022, 01:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Miggymoe thanks for reaching out on our Cricket Community Forum. Can you provide us with the model number of your device? We’d be happy to look further into this for you 😀

Badge +1

Samsung Galaxy S22 SM-S901U1

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @Miggymoe, if your model number is SM-S901U1, then your device is eligible for hotspot on Cricket. It’s on the list. https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/great-big-network/byod-compatibility.html

Badge

When are you adding the SM-S908U1, I was told by customer service 3 months ago it was going to be added soon, still waiting.

Badge

hello i have the same problem with a s22 plus S906U1, i called and they told me that it is not compatible with hotspot, i don't understand, since it is an unlocked version and it is for the United States

Badge

Oh believe me they are compatible, it's just a way of Cricket to punish customers that buy unlocked phones, mine it's unlocked as well.

Badge +1

@Miggymoe Cricket had to send me a new SIM card for some reason and now it’s working perfectly.  They will walk you through a few tests and if they can’t get it to work, they should offer you a new SIM for free.  They did for me!