Question

Where are the Cricket Visual Voicemail files stored on Android?

Hello,

I am having trouble finding the location to which Visual Voicemail exports files. Checked Music, Downloads, other usual suspects to no avail. Tried searching for *.amr files - no luck.

Steps:

• Open Cricket Visual Voicemail app (log in)
  • Select voicemail message of interest
  • Tap the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner → Export to file
  • A message pops up
    • The message has been exported to: /files/voicemail-<date-time>.amr

However, there’s no /files folder in the root of the phone storage or SD card. Searching for it does not provide results either.

App version: 3.3.0.101215

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)

Android 9

3 replies

Userlevel 2

@HEXYEB0 

Thank you for commenting on the Community Forum! We’re sorry to see you’re having trouble with your Visual Voicemail app. We recommend reaching out to our support team on Facebook (m.me/cricketwireless) or Twitter (@cricketsupport) with the details of your issue.

@Julie_Cricket 

Thank you for your prompt response. I contacted Cricket Support via Facebook messenger as you suggested. They told me that a ticket was opened with IT on this and someone would get back to me in 2 to 3 business days. It’s been close to 3 weeks and I am still waiting.

For the benefit of the others.

After almost a month of back-n-forth with Cricket support via m.me/cricketwireless they offered a workaround. Apparently, this functionality is broken on Android due to Google’s recent privacy/security changes.

The workaround is to “share” the VM file of interest with yourself using available options (email, messages, cloud storage). Not the best solution if you need to process a number of messages, but tested and works.

Cheers.