Question

CRICKET AUTHORITIES! PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS FOR PARENTS!

• 14 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I AM A PARENT OF TWO TEENAGE KIDS.. AND WHILE I KNOW THAT I CAN SIMPLY SUSPEND MY TWO EXTRA PHONE LINES .. THAT ARE THE ONES ON THEIR PHONES.. THAT DOESNT HELP ME ONE BIT .. WHY? BECAUSE WHEN I DO THAT .. I AM LITERALLY CUT OFF FROM REACHING THEM! .. PLEASE THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOMETHING YOU OFFER IN THE WAY OF A FEATURE THAT ACCOUNT OWNER .. IE PARENT.. CAN HAVE TO SHUT OFF SOCIAL MEDIA OR CUT OFF ACCESS TO THEIR PHONES OUTSIDE OF A BLANKETED SUSPENSION!  EVEN IF YOU DO SUSPENSION, WE STILL HAVE TO PAY THE PHONE AS THOUGH NOTHING HAS BEEN CUT OFF.. SO WE ARE STILL HAVING TO PAY FOR THEIR PHONES, HAVING CUT THEM OFF ONLY CUTS US OFF FROM TEXTING OR CALLING THEM TO FIND OUT WHERE THE HECK THEY’VE GONE OFF TO. WHEN A PARENT IS AT WORK .. AND WANTS TO REACH THEIR KID/TEEN.. ETC, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO .. BUT IF A KID IS FLUNKING SCHOOL, THIS IS ONE PUNISHMENT THAT MANY SUGGEST.. OH.. JUST TAKE THEIR PHONE AWAY.. YEAH UM.. THINK ABOUT THAT.. THAT CUTS YOU OFF FROM REACHING THEM!  IF THEY TAKE OFF OUT OF THE HOUSE .. WHICH WE ALL KNOW TEENAGERS DO..IN THESE CURRENT TIMES, WE NEED TO REACH THEM.  HOWEVER ON THE OTHER END OF THE SPECTRUM, THEY SHOULDNT ALSO BE PRIVILEGED TO HAVE USE OF THEIR PHONES WHEN THEY ARE NOT DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO,… TO INCLUDE SCHOOL GRADES, CHORES ETC.. i NEED SOME TYPE OF SOLUTION.  IF ANYTHING TO BE ABLE TO GO INTO THE CUSTOMER WEBSITE .. LOG IN.. AND SET PARAMETERS WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO TURN THE SERVICES BACK ON.. CAN YOU PLEASE IMPLEMENT A FEATURE THAT ALLOWS US PARENTS TO GO IN AND SET ACCESS TO THEIR PHONES! i MEAN SET IT FROM ON TO OFF ONLINE WITHOUT THE HURDLE OF REACHING SOMEONE AT CRICKET CUSTOMER SERVICE TO ACTIVATE /DEACTIVATE/ACTIVATE .. ETC ETC.. THIS IS SO NECESSARY!  PLEASE!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD !! PLEASE DO THIS!!  i AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED.  i WANT TO IMPOSE CONSEQUENCES FOR RIGHTFUL REASONS.. i PAY THE BILL… I SHOULD BE PERMITTED TO LOG IN AND SHUT DOWN PHONE ACCESSIBILITY WITHOUT HAVING TO COMPLETELY CUT IT OFF TO WHERE i CANNOT REACH THEM AND THEREAFTER HAVING TO REACH SOMEONE AT CRICKET TO TURN IT BACK ON!  PRIME EXAMPLE :  CUT IT OFF AT 11 PM AND TURN IT BACK ON AT SAY 6:30 AM.  AS A PERMANENT SETTING ON THESE EXTRA PNONE LINES!  WHY CANT THIS BE AN OPTION!! ??? PLEASE! ANSWER THIS !  DONT SAY .. SORRY WE CURRENTLY DONT HAVE THIS FEATURE.. WE ALL KNOW YOU DONT.. YOU NEED TO ADDRESS THIS!  GET THE DARN BORD OF DIRECTORS ON THE SAME PAGE AS WHAT I AM NEEDING AND .. I KNOW I’M NOT ALONE!!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @LadyLee1965 

Thanks for posting. We appreciate your detailed feedback, we will pass this feedback along so it can be taken into consideration.

Userlevel 1

i posted this some time ago.. any updates or responses ?

No you are not!!!! I do know that AT&T does give you the option to shut the phones off during certain hours and I believe you can even see all messages coming in and going out maybe you should look into it. Im going to

Badge

You brought up a good topic - turning off your phone will be relevant not only at night but also during lessons. Now the curriculum is undergoing a number of changes, my children do not want to study sociology, because the educational material is too boring for them. I keep telling them: go to the library, or open the Internet and visit this website, or watch some documentary, or at least YouTube. No, they are on their phones all the time. I regret that I bought them smartphones when I was 8 years old. It should have been done when they graduated from college.

Badge

Unfortunately, this problem is still relevant.