Switching Companies

  • 3 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I recently was trying to sell my old Motorola moto g7 but my grandmother insisted that I should give it to my dad in Mexico. Is there a way that my old phone could switch to another company in Mexico or is the moto phone exclusive to Cricket Wireless?

I don't want to pay for an unlimited plan when my dad has worry about his data going over the limit because it is limited when a user travels to another region. So the question is, is there a third party company that could use the moto phone for service in Mexico or is the moto phone stuck with Cricket Wireless?


Best answer by ds329a 6 July 2022, 23:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Murphy6988 we thank you for inquiring through the Cricket Forum. We’d love for you to join the #CricketNation. You may port your wireless number over to Cricket wireless, you will need to provide the name, wireless, account number and account pin/password. 

Badge +1

I totally like your gave limits as the post you passed on has some uncommon information which is totally essential for me.


My friend has a food stamp phone am I able to switch his number to cricket and add him to my plan

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello @RLeon6984! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. Cricket requires that all devices have at least 6 months of active service with Cricket before they are eligible to be unlocked for use with another carrier. We are happy to review the device unlock request. Please reach out to our support team on Facebook ( or Twitter (@cricketsupport) for further assistance.