Question

WiFi enabling give error message

• 13 February 2021
  • 6 replies

WE ARE BEYOND FRUSTRATED!! Two weeks ago, our Wi-Fi calling just shut off.  We had been with ATT for 24 years - always had Wi-Fi calling when it became available. We switched to Cricket. We had it for a few weeks and it just switched off. When we go to enable Wi-Fi calling, we receive an error.

It say: “ACCESS DENIED - You don’t have permission to access http://www.cricketwireless.com/v1/wificalling/subtoken/ on the server. Reference# 18.4505e8ac.1613195266.29835f5”

We have spoke to 4 reps on 611 over the issue. We went through the trouble shooting playbook every single time! Take out Sim Card, put sim card back in. Clear out Network settings. Restart Phone. Put phone in airplane mode - get data off of your Wi-Fi. Turn Wi-Fi off - get data of of phone. Update iPhone to 14.4 software,ect… TOTAL INSANITY to have to go through FOUR times.  One rep gave us the customer service number to Apple. The tech said the key to our problem is in the error message - cricketwireless denied you access not Apple. I tried to message Cricket on Facebook. It was a 3 hour waiting game where I was asked questions but 3 different reps messaged back. NO RESULTS!

One customer service agent filled out a trouble ticket to technical support. I missed the call - tried to get a hold of them via 611. Rep #5 put me through the playbook dance AGAIN! I told him that I will do it but it’s not going to work. I did as I was told…..NO RESULTS. I asked if he could just send me back to tech support. He said that he can’t transfer me because it isn’t possible! I did a survey on our customer service saying I was not satisfied because our issue has NOT been resolved and we keep having to do the same thing over and over. A customer service rep a step higher called me. I was away from the house so he said that he would call me on Saturday. I received a call from him on Sunday. He asked me to update my iPhone to 14.4 software and he would call me back in an hour. That was last Sunday and it’s been 6 days later with no follow up call. My phone is a BYO iPhone 6s and my husband has a BYO iPhone 7. Our son’s phone is a Cricket issued phone but his Wi-Fi calling has the same trouble. We live rural so our reception at the house has to go through our Wi-Fi or we miss calls.

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello @kellyfamily7! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. We would like to look into this issue further for you. Please reach out to our support team on Facebook (m.me/cricketwireless) or Twitter (@cricketsupport) with the details of your issue.

After 4 hours and 38 minutes with reps on twitter, still no results. They said: “The feature for Wifi calling is still enabled. I am sending an update to the 3 devices. Please have them powered ff for 6 minutes to allow for the update.”  We shut down our phones as instructed. Still received “ACCESS DENIED - You don’t have permission to access http://cricketwireless.com/v1/wificalling/subtoken/… on the server. Reference # 18.56a43617.1613339093.2fb9da7”  Since that didn’t work, they are going to have to put in a ticket to IT Department. SO FRUSTRATING!

They asked how old were our SIM cards. We let them know we just activated them on 1/14/21. We read on one of your forums that the green/white cards (what we have) are horrible. A rep sent out different SIM cards to them and it worked. Another post talked about the IMEI numbers needing to be updated on the system. I know that I could not activate the SIMS on my own. I had to call a rep to do it - both of our IMEI numbers  were wrong - that is why we couldn’t activate it ourselves. 

This issue mostly means that your password for the network is wrong due to which it shows the authentication error message. You need to make sure that you have typed the correct password for your WiFi. Sometimes, your password resets on the router because of resetting your router or settings.

This issue mostly means that your password for the network is wrong due to which it shows the authentication error message. You need to make sure that you have typed the correct password for your WiFi. Sometimes, your password resets on the router because of resetting your router or settings.

myccpay.com

I rely on WI-FI calling. I have not been able to pinpoint why our wi-fi calling will sometimes not work. I have a theory that if you have a waiting text message or voice mail it locks the system up. If I go to where I have service from a tower and turn on wi-fi calling it will turn on and work when I get home. Yes, it is a huge inconvenience.