cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Change to new phone

I am currently a cricket customer and I am using an android phone.  My wife has just bought a new unlocked iphone for me.  So, I am thinking to take the sim card out of my phone and put it in the iphone.  Will this work?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Re: Change to new phone

Yes, as long as the SIM cards are the same size.  Just switch them out and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

It will work but be advised, they will lock your new phone to Cricket even if you did not buy it from them.  I just did the same thing and am having trouble getting them to unlock MY PHONE!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Seriously? That's messed up! I was going to switch my SIM into an unlocked phone I was going to buy. But if itgets locked down they're going to make me wait 6 months to unlock it again, right? If so that's just wrong. Lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Walk of Fame

@jerryras1 Dude, that only happens with Apple Flex Pay phones...those phones get locked to whatever network you use it on first. Cricket doesn't control that.

Highlighted
Walk of Fame

@8888Diamondback you can use any unlocked GSM phone on Cricket..only Apple Flex-Pay devices are automatically locked to the network you 1st use them on..and then they just contact apple to unlock it from their network..takes like 24hrs.

Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Yesterday I talked to a representative about this. Even if I buy an unlocked phone from say Amazon or some other marketplace they will lock it to Cricket when I put the Sim in that's what they told me and then I got to wait 6 months to unlock it again, even if I've been a customer with them for over 6 months. I can get my Cricket brand new phone unlocked soon but the other one I have to wait another 6 months to get it re-unlocked that's messed up. and I really am just telling you what the representative told me I did not find that answer omewhere else online
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Interesting. Rep said all unlocked phones get locked to Cricket. I just posted what rep told me yesterday....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Ty! I thought it sounded ridiculous when I talk to the ref but I believed him. Lol
Do you have a good link for me to look and see if the phone I get is compatible with Cricket. I really appreciate your knowledge and help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for commenting on our Cricket Forum! 

Bringing your own device? Follow this link to check compatibility Smiley Very Happy :https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos