cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cricket Locked MY phone.

Jump to solution
I feel your pain I just discovered they locked my phone that I purchased unlocked!!
0 Kudos
weezyljk
Extra

Jump to solution
I have bought several unlocked phones over the years that did not come from cricket. I have NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. My grandson has an iPhone bought from Best Buy, I have bought two phones that were AT&T compatible online and have never had this issue. Just because a phone is unlocked, does not mean it is automatically compatible with Cricket. Do your research.
0 Kudos
jerryras1
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

Follow your own advice, " Do your research".  Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  I found out it does happen and it is normal.  If you read all of this thread you would know that.  I didn't like that Cricket knows this happens and then drags their feet correcting the situation thereby getting another months payment out of me.

Next time you decide to weigh in on a subject you know nothing about, you may want to rethink your plan and just keep quiet.

keda
Extra

Jump to solution
TY for the update. What was the reason behind your phone being locked?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jerryras1
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

"SIM Free phones are activated using the "Reseller Flex Policy", so it will lock to the first carrier activated."

No one will tell you this when you buy your phone, you only find out if you try to change providers.  A very sneaky, underhanded policy that should not be legal but it continues to happen.

0 Kudos