cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
A-List Star

Re: Cricket Locked MY phone.

Jump to solution
I feel your pain I just discovered they locked my phone that I purchased unlocked!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Extra

Jump to solution
I have bought several unlocked phones over the years that did not come from cricket. I have NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. My grandson has an iPhone bought from Best Buy, I have bought two phones that were AT&T compatible online and have never had this issue. Just because a phone is unlocked, does not mean it is automatically compatible with Cricket. Do your research.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

Follow your own advice, " Do your research".  Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  I found out it does happen and it is normal.  If you read all of this thread you would know that.  I didn't like that Cricket knows this happens and then drags their feet correcting the situation thereby getting another months payment out of me.

Next time you decide to weigh in on a subject you know nothing about, you may want to rethink your plan and just keep quiet.

Highlighted
A-List Star

Jump to solution
TY for the update. What was the reason behind your phone being locked?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

"SIM Free phones are activated using the "Reseller Flex Policy", so it will lock to the first carrier activated."

No one will tell you this when you buy your phone, you only find out if you try to change providers.  A very sneaky, underhanded policy that should not be legal but it continues to happen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue and while they say it is normal I think it’s outrageous I paid for my phone and now I wanna switch and they won’t unlock it I’ve called countless times so now I’m paying for another carrier and this one they should tell u this when u sign up I wouldn’t have done it
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @Pissedoff2020_ & welcome to the Community Forum! All of our devices are locked to our network until you've had at least 6 months of active paid service on our network with the device. Unlock policies are a typical practice of most wireless carriers. You can view our complete Device Unlock Policy here: https://www.cricketwireless.com/legal-info/device-unlock-policy.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi, i recently bought an LG stylo 5 off of eBay. It turns out the phone is a cricket phone and it is locked. I cannot reach the seller, and therefore lack the required information to go about getting my phone unlocked. I have no idea how long it has been active with cricket, if it was a fraudulent account associated with the phone or if it was stolen. What available option is there for me to fix this problem? It is extremely inconvenient that i purchased a phone and it is impossible to use or unlock simply because it is a cricket phone and cricket is extra strict about their unlock policies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Jump to solution
I ordered a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128gb factory unlocked phone directly from Samsung. Waited a few days before I put my old SIM card into the S10+ phone. Cricket has locked it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Jump to solution

This is one of the most common problem user faces. I was having the same issue, so in order to resolve it, just follow the mentioned steps (it worked for me) 1. Un-install the app 2. Delete the cache and other files of the apps (do it via file manager) 3. Restart your phone 4. Re install the app and the issue will be fixed. Do let me know if you are having problem performing get-tubemate.in the steps which I have mentioned above or if the problem is still there. Would love to help! Smiley Happy Regards, get-mobdro.com

0 Kudos
Latest Posts