cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fan

Re: Cricket Locked MY phone.

Jump to solution

That is a lie Cricket!  You got my account locked now and I’ve had service for more than 6 months.   So unlock my phone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm facing the exact same issue!   In January they told me they were required to lock my unlocked phone for 6 months due to their "policy."  They assured me this same policy was held by all providers.  Now we're in August.  They are telling me that they can't unlock it, because it was an unlocked phone, and they never locked the phone.  I'm losing my mind!!!!   We've called the FCC.  This company is crooked.

Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
Months ago when I posted this, I also contacted Cricket via FB Messenger. Their reply instructed me that all zeros (literally 0000000) should unlock the phone. I haven't had a different provider's sim card to test out this all zeros unlock code. I used the unlock request tool on AT&It's site more than once. My answer from AT&T is always no. My factory unlocked phone can not be unlocked. Reason: After request for code was issued to the manufacturer, Samsung replied saying they do not have the unlock code. It's a sad thing when we are forced to take matters into our own hands. I just want to pay my mobile provider for service each month. They've got to over-complicate it, making it all about themselves. Really ticks me off. Then I'm on the computer (up way passed my bedtime) researching a way to circumvent Cricket's garbage. I learned what it means to root my phone and to flash software to my phone....yadda-yadda-yadda. More or less it was a late-night, self-directed online course. And If it weren't for Cricket Wireless, I wouldn't have been a student! If Cricket hadn't commandeered MY $1,000 factory unlocked phone, I never would have lost my freakin' mind over fixing it!! I'm a rule follower. The grey area bothers me, and I'm angry Cricket forced me to consider rooting my phone - a solution that may not work and could break it. I'd rather be on the up-and-up with Cricket. I AM because I did not root my phone, but now I do business with them with a giant chip on my shoulder. I'm still livid at Cricket. I don't appreciate how they've caused me to feel this way because of the problems they created for me. It baffles me why the creation of new problems where problems didn't exist before is a favorite pasttime of all mobile providers. These rules...what are they all FOR anyway?!?! Just let us BE! Allow us to pay you for simple service without you adding on extra issues. Everything doesn't have to be such a dang beaucracy all the time. Cable and satellite service is a pain in the rear, too. Giant cable service competitors have found a genius way to charge the absolute highest rate possible to their customers. Mobile probably does this too. They are in agreement not to cross each other's service boundaries. Each conglomerate can monopolize a territory charging customers the most money possible. The rate stays high when no alternative provider exists. No competition means monopolies don't have to offer lower rates, so customers either pay or go without. You can still find 3rd party service. Ultimately your 3rd party service still comes via one of these bigger corporations minus the fastest, best coverage and minus the latest technology and features. Company's who've been permitted to grow this giant use influence in Congress to continue their illicit practices in plain sight. Cable and phone providers always show-up to stomp-out our right as citizens to choose and stomp- out any ideas that threaten their monopoly empire. Until blue in the face, AT&T uses their patsy (US Congress) and their silly "bills" to block cheaper municipal internet. We would be paying our city for trash pick-up, water, sewer, and cheap internet each month, but AT&T has effectively blocked this. Sometimes I feel like a fool handing over my wages to these service jerks. This perspective motivated my decision to cancel satellite service this month. I'm totalty cutting the cord. Next target on my bye-bye list: this pitiful excuse for "mobile data". Cricket should do better at identifying and rewarding all customer accounts that maintain uninterrupted service and stellar payment history like I have for years.... for squat.
0 Kudos