Extra

Re: iPhone 12 Pro

Thats what I believe too
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar

Here's the answer to you all 

Right now, if you have an unlocked phone from another carrier that was 5G or if you purchase a 5G phone from the manufacturer (Apple in this case), it will not work on Cricket 5G at the moment. Only if you purchase a 5G device directly from Cricket (website or store). Of course later we'll allow phones from other companies or manufacturers to be compatible with 5G, including the iPhone 12, but there's no info at the moment

My point is, I don't recommend to pre-order the iPhone 12 from Apple yet, until it's confirmed on the website from Cricket, that we'll sell it or that other 5G devices that are not from Cricket directly, can work on our 5G network. 
If you decide to pre-order it, keep in mind you might have an inconvenience of the phone not being compatible with Cricket 5G or network. 
It happened exactly the same with Samsung Galaxy S20. At first it was not compatible or on sale in Cricket, but later it kicked in.

Regarding the plan, 5G is only be available on the Unlimited More of $60/mo per line (or $90 for 2 lines, $110 for 3 lines, $130 for 4 lines, $160 for 5 lines). Lower plans will only have LTE.

Source: https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/great-big-network/5g-faqs.html

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/great-big-network/5g-compatible-phones

Highlighted
Paparazzi

Thanks for the info,  This is too bad.  I contacted 2 different Cricket Wireless stores and talked to their staff about whether or not an iPhone 12 Pro purchased from Apple would work on the Cricket network by simply transferring the SIM Card.  Both said yes.  As far as the 5G network question goes, I was told that as long as I am on the unlimited plan (we have 3 lines for $110), it would pick it up wherever it's available.  I tried to chat with Cricket personnel online, but there was no live person (just got automated responses).  My iPhone 12 Pro will be arriving in a few days.  I won't be upset if it doesn't pick up the 5G network, but if it doesn't work with the Cricket network at all, I guess I'd have to switch providers, That would be a shame....  I wish Cricket was more forthcoming with all this info when I know many people must have contacted them about the new iPhone.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Did you receive your phone already? And did it work finally with cricket even if it wasn’t on 5g but did it work o Lte?
0 Kudos