cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mark42
Award Winning Star

Re: Cricket is a Fraud and scam

Don't buy a Cricket phone, get an OEM unlocked one.

I got a Cricket specific Galaxy S5 (back in the day) and it stopped receiving Android updates long before my wife's unlocked ATT S5 did (I got as far a Lollipop while she got Marshmallow. IIRC).

I bought a Samsung factory unlocked Note 8, and now I only have Samsung's horrible bloatware, not Crickets and Samsung's.

I was able to install MyCricket and Visual Voicemail from Google Play store, so I'm not missing anything, except the lack of future updates.

Now if Samsung would quit putting bloatware on my phone and blocking me from controlling many of the UI settings, I would be happy. It seems like you have to root a phone to actually own it, but some gaming apps won't allow installation on rooted phones.

Samsung makes beautiful hardware, but destroys the experience with their heavy handed software installations.

0 Kudos
SawyerD1977
Superstar

Sounds like an awful experience but have you tried doing some diagnostics to see if you live in a bad cell reception area? This blog tells you how to check your phone's signal strength. I've had Cricket for 2.5 years and I've never had any problems. There are many things that can screw up your call quality and data downloads so I recommend checking it out.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
yabd22
Award Winning Star

Not able to turn off stream more and videos limited to 480p less than dvd quality and 3mps is a shame.
0 Kudos
chandlerc1
Superstar

As I posted in the another comment, FYI, I switched to PureTalk USA, same ATT towers, same coverage, USA based Customer Support, and cheaper. Not being paid or getting a reward from PureTalk, I'm posting this to all my previous comments to let people know there's a decent alternative...

0 Kudos
bljr33
Award Winning Star

Yeah they're trying to charge me a $75 deductible on a freaking Stylo 3 if you look at the retail price on one of those now you can buy a brand new one for less than a dollar on Amazon it's crazy and I've been paying $7 a month for over a year now I could have bought a nice phone a real good phone for the money spent on the insurance each month but that is the biggest scam on the planet and I am going to blast social media
Billy Lovelace Jr on fb
0 Kudos
yabd22
Award Winning Star

Cricket cell service turned in to worst after they reached 10 million subscribers. Data slow to 3mps, they reduced cell coverage area. Now my service is spotty with the same cellphone.
0 Kudos