cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Jump to solution

Dear Customer Service Executives,

I am a disappointed Cricket customer. I have had an account with you for longer than I remember. When friends talk about their cellular service I always mention Cricket and the great service and rates available from you. Not any more.

A small $15 fee. That’s all this was about. I have had a bad habit for many years of letting my account expire and then paying for the next month’s service. Not a great means of paying bills, but with the 24 hour grace period it was an easy way to remember to pay. Bad habit.

This morning February 28, 2020. I went to pay my bill that expired at midnight last night and found a $15 re-activation fee. Probably a good idea logistically to get more customers into autopay. But it was a new charge. Apparently it was notified in two reminder texts, that I didn’t read closely because we get reminder texts every month. $15 not a big deal. But at the same time, it was a new charge that I have never been hit with before. So I called customer service to see about having it waived this month. I am happy to pay on time from now on, but didn’t see the need to pay an extra $15 for something I had never seen before. Normally this should not a big deal with customer service.

My call fell on deaf ears from the representative and the supervisor. Company policy was upheld. This was a simple courtesy customer service matter. It will not come up again, but being told there is nothing they can do about it is disturbing. For a company that looks to its customers as their livelihood, I would think there would be a bit more latitude in how new policies are implemented.

I have since paid my bill with the $15 fee. I may continue to use Cricket for some time. But Cricket has lost my good will, my speaking up for them to friends and potential customers, and I am now in the market for better deals from other carriers.

You stuck to your guns, and made a little more profit for the month. Good for you. But you have eroded a loyal customer that used to speak well of you. I guess 10,000,000 customers makes you not really need people that much. A sad day for a company that I used to speak highly of.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Customer Service

Jump to solution

Hello @kevinwdiamond! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused you. Starting on January 31st, Cricket no longer offered the 24-hour grace period. To avoid late payments, suspension, and reactivation fees, we recommend signing up for AutoPay. You can view our AutoPay details by following the link below:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/billing-and-payments/auto-pay-setup.html

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Customer Service

Jump to solution

Hello @kevinwdiamond! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused you. Starting on January 31st, Cricket no longer offered the 24-hour grace period. To avoid late payments, suspension, and reactivation fees, we recommend signing up for AutoPay. You can view our AutoPay details by following the link below:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/billing-and-payments/auto-pay-setup.html

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos