cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
A-List Star

Re: Phone Upgrade Question

You really call cricket upgrades on phones a deal for loyal customers??

No, really, is this a joke???

I can still save more money by going to one of your competitors. AND get the newest smartphone FOR FREE. Which I am taking a closer look at.

Cricket can and should do better when it comes to their loyal customers who have been customers for years.

Highlighted

I feel the exact same way!!!! Its so frustrating i just want a nicer phone!!! Ugh. Cricket yall need to do better about these prices WITHOUT going through progressive leasing! I went through progressive and wasnt able to pay off within 90days for a 150 dollar retail phone and ended up paying $900 plus
Dollars!! I got totally screwed over for a phone not even worth the $200. Such bull!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

So guys there is options....... Be a salesman for cricket and get a small discount on your new phone or don't sell service for cricket to your friends and family and they will charge you more then anyone else for that new phone!!! Oh and good luck getting it unlocked
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stuntman

I can imagine how you feel. Though that's the way wireless carriers market is. Take a look on the forums of those companies or the offers for their current customers. They'll be in the same situation as yours. Wireless companies offer great deals such as free phones for new customers only, most of the times. 

I know, it shouldn't be that way. But it is. 

All these companies would lose money if all their customers would be able get a free phone or such deals. If they would have those type of deals for current customers, they would need to recover the money by increasing the price of the plans or services. And I think we all wouldn't like that.

Nevertheless, I think there should be a better balance between having cool deals for new customers to make the company grow but also there must be excellent deals for customers that have stayed with the company (i.e. a free phone for being a customer for 5 years).

Again, it's just the way it is :/

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I think many here are not seeing the big picture.

I have 4 lines that I pay $100 a month for. Got my phones free two years ago with this plan. I checked into upgrading my Moto 5 to a G7. $119 + $25. The $25 dollars is for the ESN swap involving new information that has to be manually entered into the system.

I came from another carrier, I was paying $160 a month for 4 lines but had free upgrades every two years. So with Cricket I save $1440 over two years of service but have to pay $480 + $100 for 4 new upgraded phones? Even if you get Walmarts $30 a month plan, you have to buy the phone first, and 4 lines are $120 a month (in my case). Costing me $480 more over two years, which pays for my 4 Moto G7's. And at the end of 2 years with Walmarts plan, you still have to but the phone.

Cricket isn't in the phone business. They're in the service business. The free phone to sign up puts them immediately in the Red until the 2 year agreement allows them to start profiting after some months. This is nothing new. Cable/Satellite companies do the same thing.

0 Kudos