cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandlerc1
Superstar

cricket doesn't want you as a customer unless you put up and shut up...

I spent approximately 3 hours today on the phone and in chat with cricket customer support. I want to help those of you who are wondering if cricket is a company you want to do business with, don't do it. Yesterday I called cricket and changed my service plan to the new unlimited plan which was going to save me some money since I have multiple lines. After the changes were made, I told the agent I would like to go ahead and pay the bill in full with her over the phone since it was due the next day. She gave me a total that was less than what I expected saying there was a $25 credit on the account. I happily paid the amount and was done. After I got off the phone, I logged onto the cricket website just to be sure that all the changes were made and the payment was applied. The website showed my payment and my $0 balance. Upon attempting to use my phone this morning, I discovered that my account was suspended for non-payment and that I owed $25. I had to wait until 7am EST to call cricket since they were closed. At 7, I called and spoke with no less than 3 agent's, the last one telling me that he had no boss and that there was no one else I could speak with about the issue. I wanted to have someone explain to me why my balance went from $0 to $25 overnight. No one I spoke to would admit that they had made a mistake. Each and every one of the agents told me I was wrong and that I was told to pay the original amount not the $25 less amount the agent had given me the day before. When I went back to check the website this morning after I called them, it was still up on my screen showing my payment and $0 balance. I took a screenshot of it since I already knew that cricket was telling me I was wrong. Since I now knew I had the proof, went back to the cricket website and used the chat function. Even after I informed them that I had taken a picture of the page, they refused to admit they had made a mistake and would not turn my service back on. Until today, I had 7 lines with cricket paying them a handsome amount of money each month. That's all done now, I'll never give them another dime. Oh, and since I've seen the cricket moderator's response to other negative reviews on this site, this is for the moderator: don't bother asking me to contact cricket through facebook or twitter, I've already wasted enough time talking to cricket, now I'm going to spend time on facebook, twitter, and in person, telling people to stay away from cricket because they would rather argue over twenty five dollars than keep a customer who has given them thousands...

6 Replies
Highlighted
jakenmia
Superstar

Re: cricket doesn't want you as a customer unless you put up and shut up...

Thank you for taking the time to post that. You are doing a GREAT public service..
jakenmia
Superstar

Thank you for posting that. You are doing a GREAT public service.
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

They do this slot. Once you call them on it they normally apologize. I just had a worker ask for the coverage address to see if cricket covers my area. I asked for a reboot, it took 15 minutes to get the network reboot. They are a mess but they are better than metro and everyone else since they are linked with AT&T.
chandlerc1
Superstar

FYI, I switched to PureTalk USA, same ATT towers, same coverage, USA based Customer Support, and cheaper. Not being paid or getting a reward from PureTalk, I'm posting this to all my previous comments to let people know there's a decent alternative...

0 Kudos
chandlerc1
Superstar

Again, FYI, I switched to PureTalk USA, same ATT towers, same coverage, USA based Customer Support, and cheaper. Not being paid or getting a reward from PureTalk, I'm posting this to all my previous comments to let people know there's a decent alternative...

0 Kudos