cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone shutoff by Cricket - not by me

My phone was abruptly turned off "no service" 10/28/19 around noon.  On 10/26 Cricket auto took my payment thru my credit card. When I went to Cricket Office, they said my phone was canceled and transferred to T-Mobile. At the T-Mobile Office, they had no record.  I went on line with Customer Service and I had my account number, PW, and security answer, but can't recall my PIN.   I am a 76 yo senior and not especially tech savvy.  Why can't they reset my pin and help me out??  My cell is my only phone.  Pattycakes25

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Phone shutoff by Cricket - not by me

@Pattycakes25 Please reach out to our support team on Facebook or twitter  with the details of your issue for further assistance.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos

Received a note via Messenger from Cricket FB page.  Said it would take some time before straightened out, but someone is working on it.  Will keep community posted.  Pattycakes25

0 Kudos

Cricket contacted me by email to say that it straightened out my account.  I asked to go to the local office for a new SIM card and that was OK'd.  I stopped for gas on my way to Cricket and that was when I found out that my phone was hijacked intentionally -- apparently to obtain my credit card number (which was the payment method on my Cricket account).  Someone posing as me, called my credit card company and said I was on vacation in Virginia (not so) where I lost my card!  Using only my phone number and credit card number, they had a replacement card sent out and charged over $1,000 to my account.  Still waiting for my new credit card.  I don't think it is safe to link your phone to your credit card.  While I am sure Cricket securely vets their employees, these two numbers are so closely linked it seems too easy a barrier to break.  In future, I will auto-pay through Paypal or my Bank and forego the mileage bonus; it's just not worth it.  Also, I had already auto-paid for my monthly service through my credit card, and had to pay again when I got the SIM card.  Hope I can get that month refunded!

Pattycakes25

0 Kudos