cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Re: Port out scam

Jump to solution

Took about a month to get my Number back, PayPal was fast in giving back what they got from Samsung pay, I've never had Samsung pay, They never got my bank, I use a different password for that, and two Point identification, But I did lose access to my own bank for a few days, as I could not get the codes that were being sent to me.  Never found out what happened too many ways this could happen, Spoof e-mail, Wi-Fi hack, Key logger, Inside job, Dark web, seems like if they really wanted to find out, they could… With mine they used it at Walmart’s, in Florida, Don't they have camera’s, I knew which stores right away, Got sent live action receipts with store number, and register number, Since they didn't get my e-mail account, I was getting receipts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thats sucks. its great you were able to get your money back. Unfortunately every phone service has customers that are victims to sim swapping scams. Everyone thinks its Cricket, but too your point it can come from too many other sources. Hell even Jeff Bezos was a victim to a sim swap. All we can do is try to protect our account and passwords the best that we can. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/23/798630195/dont-be-like-jeff-bezos-here-s-how-to-keep-your-phone-safe-...

0 Kudos
Paparazzi

Jump to solution

I vote that it is an inside job.  Last week my wife's phone had the number ported out and mine had the sim card stolen.  In less than a week the sim card is stolen again.  Moved the account to my name not Her's and new password and pin and in a few days I need a new sim card!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stuntman

Jump to solution

This exact scenerio has happened to me alittle over one month ago, except they failed in gaining access to my bank accounts thank goodness. Cricket has been going back and forth with lieing in the progress they have made with my case. They have not been forth right, although kind, each day i call to check status of the status and have since been told whom my number was ported out to (Tracphone), at which both parties state their waiting on an "Email" from the other party to authorize MY number to be ported back. Several accounts including my wifes were compromised including our social security numbers being stolen. Im completely at a loss for words. 

0 Kudos