cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igorek84
Award Winning Star

Re: Port out scam

Jump to solution

Yes, in my case (which I didn't even mention), the hackers broke into my bank account because they were able to bypass 2-step authentication since they received the verification text and not me.  They setup unauthorized Zelle transfers out of my account, one of which was successfully completed.

I have contacted Cricket Wireless via Facebook as suggested.  From what I can see, they haven't even read the message.  I hate blaming Cricket store employees for this, but I don't see any other reason how my PIN is bypassed (or is known) right after I change it.  At this point, I'm hoping police gets to them first before Cricket is able to fire them.

We need a big story to make changes to our security unfortunately, otherwise nothing will get done.  Wireless companies should be held to higher standards than banks, because with a simple SIM swap my whole financial life is upside down.

Contra
Extra

Jump to solution
This happened to me as well. I went inside a store then when I came out 15 minutes later I had no service.
I found out what was going on the minute I came home to wifi.
Jmek_1978
Extra

Jump to solution
I'm sitting in cricket as I type this dealing with the exact same issue. I'm beyond frustrated. Their lack of care is infuriating. It is obviously an on going issue that needs to be fixed. I am to the point of contacting an attorney. As I have spent over half my day changing passwords, making phone calls, filing fraud reports. Etc. At this point 7 thousand dollars is up in the air.

Jump to solution

This happened to me as well, same deal, money stolen from bank account via zelle shortly after unauthorized porting scam ... 

So far, 15 days waiting on cricket to "investigate" the issue with not even 1 phone call to notify me of what's going on.

I've called *dalily* for 15 days straight.... no answers, no help, NOTHING yet.

I'm .001 seconds away from switching carriers because of their lack of customer care.

Jump to solution

The exact same thing happened to me 15 days ago.

Cricket has been "investigating" it for 15 days, not even 1 phone call to let me know what's going on.

I've called them daily for 15 days... still no update on the issue or what they will do to help me...

From what the representatives have told me, the case was passed along to an internal department which "performs the investigation" and once that happens they are unable to provide any status update as to what's being done.

As a result, they opened a new case, to check on the first case!  (like magic, again, no updates, no call-backs, no information)...

Thank you very much Cricket.  

Mars1
Fan

Jump to solution

I just had the same situation happen and I called into the Cricket store and no solution was remedied nor could they provide answers on how this occurred. The thief, thankfully was unsuccessful in the hour timeframe allotted other than to gain access to one of my accounts, which I caught before it could be completed. Changed all account numbers, locked my credit and put fraud alerts on everything. This is absolute insanity. I am switching providers because it had to be an internal thing with Cricket.. Too convenient not to be.