Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hs
Extra

Ported My Number Out Scam

Jump to solution

So this port out stuff has been going on for me since 9/17/19.  Wake up one morning no service on 1 of the 3 phones we have with Cricket.  Call Cricket immediately when notice this at 8am.  Cricket opens a case for this.  I have called over 10 times, I document it every time.  NOT ONE PERSON AT CRICKET HAS CALLED ME WITH A UPDATE.  I filed a complaint with the FTC.  Whomever stole my number had one of my credit card mailing address changed to their address in my name to out of state where they live.  They are using your PORTED OUT NUMBER TO ACCESS YOUR CREDIT/BANK ACCOUNTS.  So when the credit card company that has your phone number on file sends you a text to make sure it is really you to do these changes, the scammer tells them.  Discover card told me that when they started to ask security questions the call mysteriously drops.   I had to put a fraud alert on all 3 credit card companies.   Cricket I have reached out to you on facebook  and called you every other day.  Sorry, but I am not going away.  Your system had to be breached or someone at your company selling your customers information.   My case as your customer service people keep saying is expedited, now in our legal department, now in the IT department.  SORRY BUT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS AND WE ARE ALMOST 30 DAYS OUT.  I JUST WANT MY NUMBER BACK THAT CRICKET PORTED OUT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

No, I did not give my Pin information to anyone, No, I did not give my account number to anyone.  Silly, why crickets customer service would accuse me of this.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ported My Number Out Scam

Jump to solution

@hs  Hi there, this is Cricket Wireless. I will be sending you a private message to ask for the case number.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

@hs  Hi there, this is Cricket Wireless. I will be sending you a private message to ask for the case number.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

hs
Extra

Jump to solution

I just wanted to follow up.  Thank you Cricket for getting my number back today!  I don’t need to know how or why but thank you so much!

portorl
Extra

Jump to solution

Same exact thing happened to me.  Cricket was no help in getting my number back - had to do it myself.  Took hours of phone calls.  They need to put additional security in place to stop these port thieves.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey Help Me Too !!!!

Transaction details

Transaction ID: 0VH62855DM700704T November 15, 2019 Authorization code: 2SGRWG  Date: November 15, 2019 Transaction amount: $4.00 USD Date: November 15, 2019 Transaction amount: $100.00 USD Date: November 15, 2019 Transaction amount: $100.95 USD Date: November 15, 2019 Transaction amount: $101.59 USD Date: November 15, 2019 Transaction amount: $100.00 USD Date: November 15, 2019 Transaction amount: $101.80 USD Date: November 15, 2019 Transaction amount: $110.00 USD The money will be refunded to your PayPal balance. For more information and to see the status of your case, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center.

Paypal told me to Call Cricket, Phone was Ported without my Permission.

Cricket Case ID: The case ID is 1911151386351

Paypal Told me Not to Reopen My account until Cricket has me fixed.

0 Kudos