cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BruthaLuv
Extra

Re: Random ads pop up even when not using the phone.

Why send a PRIVATE link when MILLIONS of customers are having the SAME ISSUE?? I need the link as well. I have the 4 for 100$ deal. I purchased one phone and the other 3 lines where free phones. ALL THREE of the "FREE" PHONES ARE GLITCHY!! PLEASE HELP
BruthaLuv
Extra

Why send a PRIVATE link when MILLIONS of customers are having the SAME ISSUE?? I need the link as well. I have the 4 for 100$ deal. I purchased one phone and the other 3 lines where free phones. ALL THREE of the "FREE" PHONES ARE GLITCHY!! PLEASE HELP
0 Kudos
Donaldates
A-List Star

I have been with straight talk, total wireless,metro pcs and never once with any other cell company have I had this issue. I have a 5 line plan with 5 identical phones and only one has this issue.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
KimSue
Extra

I am having the same issue with pop up adds!! I have NEVER had this problem with any other phones! I had metro pcs prior and NEVER had this problem! They are popping up as I am trying to write this!!! I wish I had never switched!
0 Kudos
Thumbs_D0wn
Superstar

To find out which app is pushing ads you need to "long press" on the advertisement itself which should tell you which app is the culprit.

From there you can disable or uninstall the app in Settings/Applications.

If the offending app is a system app you will have to enable Developer options and use ADB to either disable or remove the app from your user directory.

https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

I must be a little slow because I can't figure out how to start a new post...but I followed the guys advice and went to the OPT out thing...FOUND my ad number (ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUSLY LONG NUMBER) and put it in, maybe this will work maybe not...but I just paid my bill TODAY and will NOT be paying the next one, I will take GREAT PRIDE in SMASHING the phone I have on the pavement when I get my new phone and plan in 3 weeks...thanks a lot for nothing Cricket...nice commercials though...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nipheon
A-List Star

When daily pedometer app updates, it is virus app. The original version is not, however the app developers decided to hijack your lockscreen and install myriad apps without permission. REMOVE DAILY PEDOMETER. it also hides its own Icon in the drag up menu of your apps. Remove it from app manager. (Former app dev here). I had this EXACT PROBLEM ON THREE BRAND NEW UPDATED PHONES FRESH OUT OF THE BOX. After a day, I figured it out. Please also report daily pedometer to the Google play store so it is removed for violating policy. This app is shipped standard with your phone.
0 Kudos

Yeah, It started on my phone last week. It is pissing me off for all the same reasons the op stated. Make them stop or I will just leave you.

0 Kudos

Why did you make it a private message? There are more than just him dealing with this prob. Make it public so we can all get rid of this trash.

0 Kudos
Ccanon
Paparazzi

In order to remove ads on cricket phones you need to root your phone. After some investigation by myself and others the ads originate from crickets own preinstalled apps and they refuse to acknowledge it and you cannot remove them, sp in other words you wont find a solution here. There are a few lawsuits in the works revolving around this issue. These apps wil not show as malicious on any scanner since they are carrier apps. Either avoid cricket, root if possible, or use an unlocked phone.
0 Kudos