cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XEROFAME
A-List Star

Re: Random ads pop up even when not using the phone.

Kill the pop ups!

Go to:

”liver amp.com/opt_out/“ 

Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the “Permenantly Opt Out” button

Check the “i am not a robot” box in the captcha box.

Then enter your GMAIL e-mail address that is on your phone. BINGO! Pop ups are dead.

A lot easier than searching for ad Id’s and device Id’s. Thank you to the poster who pointed me to Live Ramp.

melawoman
Award Winning Star

OK, I did that. Waiting to see if it works! Thanks.
0 Kudos

Easy fix just delete the apps that came on phone! I have had 2 cricket phones both did it. And both were lg fortunes 1 and 2. I think its mostly the wish app and weather one on mine, but i got rid of all the ones i didnt want or need.
0 Kudos

Real simple fix delete the pre installed apps from the phone! Make sure to clear them from trash also. I have had 2 lg fortunes the 1 and 2. And both did this im pretty sure it is the wish app , tik tok, and the weather one. But i got rid all apps that i could never had anotg issue after that! I figure they have a deal with these company and make a few cents per add clicked on.
0 Kudos
Fairystar
A-List Star

Im having the same issue. Switched to cricket recently and if i had known i was paying for nonstop ads, i would have kept shopping. Please let me know how to fix this also, as i will be shopping again if this is what is expected.

I need same thing with ads all the time popping up how I stop it
0 Kudos
Lynn
Fan

I'm having all these problems and them some! My wife decided to add the flashlight to our smart phones while we were driving down the road! Later that day, we both started getting pop-up ads, one after another, very annoying. One is Score Card! I can't answer my phone and neither can I dial a phone number without one or two, primarily Score Card, popping up, causing me to miss calls and taking 2-3 minutes to clear, so I can call or return a call on my phone!! This is my privacy, my phone, and my service dollar!!! I need it stopped now!! Sincerely, Lynn

d_taylor2
A-List Star

I'm new to cricket not even a month and I am having the same issue with popups and also random marketing calls so i have to wonder has my information been sold for this to be happening. I still have the same phone number i had with another phone carrier and wasn't having this type of issue before i switched. Phone could be charging, i could be on a call or the phone just sitting down and ads would just start playing and there's nothing you can do til it stops. This is very annoying and if it doesn't stop I'm dropping this service that's how annoying it is. I haven't downloaded any apps, the phone came with a bunch of apps already downloaded on the phone i unstalled them and the popups are still happening from those apps. ANNOYING!!!! ANYWAY TO STOP IT, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PLEASE!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Joe86
Paparazzi

My Cricket phone is less than 1 week old and i get ads all the time.. when texting, making phone calls ect.   Is this a thing with Cricket? is this the reason its so cheap/affordable?

0 Kudos
Donaldates
A-List Star

I have the same issue and its making me mad. I didn't request this nor do i want unwanted ads popping up on my phone that I pay for l.
0 Kudos