I own a One Plus 5T on Android 9 and I have 2 questions and figured I own one thread for me to ask, rather then multiple threads.
1) Is is possible to change the notification sound on the Visual Voicemail app ?? Not when you go into the phone settings, but the app itself, I did change the notification from the phone settings but it did not work, I assume it only changes the sound for the call in voice message.
2) I know and have read that WiFi calling is only available on certain Cricket owned devices. Is there a work around to be able to get it to work on other Android devices without Rooting ?? I don't get why Cricket would not want to allow this to work on all devices, it would lighten their overload on their system, seems to me.
Thanks in advance
Hey there @DJB628! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the notification setting with the Visual Voicemail app. Also, we only offer Wi-Fi calling to the devices that are listed in the link below:
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too! Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.
Thanks for the response.
It doesn't really answer the 2nd question in full, I knew the available Cricket devices, but is there a reason why they only offer it on Cricket devices and not BYOD ?? It would seem to me to makes sense to offer it on all devices to lighten the coverage on the Network.
Also can we suggest to to add the option of changing the notification sound with the VV app ?? Seems to me to be a simple addition ??
Cell Phones, Plans and Service from Cricket
Top Reasons to Choose Cricket
How to Pick a Cell Phone Service
1. Review your most recent cell phone bill
Look for opportunities to save. In particular, take note of:
How much you're paying per line - Do you have a multi-line cell phone plan? What kind of discount are you getting? Could you save more by switching? Cricket's family and group plan offers a discount for each extra line up to the fifth line - so you could get 5 lines with 2 GB of high-speed data each for as little as $130/mo - as long as all 5 lines are on the $40/mo plan. Discounts apply to lines 2-5.
How much data you use - Do you burn through all of your high-speed data too soon? Do you always have lots of data to spare? Ideally, you don't want to get too little or too much. Cricket has a variety of cell phone plans to fit any lifestyle, so you can choose a cell phone plan that's just right.
Any surprise taxes or fees (which can really add up) - With Cricket, taxes are included in your bill, so you know exactly what to expect. For a list of our current fees, view our Charges & Fees page.
2. Decide how satisfied you are with your current cell phone
"Bring Your Own Phone" BYOP - If you want to keep your phone, bring it to Cricket - just make sure it's unlocked and compatible with our network.
Get a brand new smartphone - Had your eye on one of the hottest new phones? Just need an inexpensive device that does the job? We've got a variety of prepaid smartphones, many with great incentives when you switch to Cricket.
3. Consider any issues you've faced with service you had in the past
Have you had a lot of dropped calls or slow speeds? With Cricket, you'll enjoy extensive 4G LTE coverage nationwide.
Are you fed up with contracts? There's no annual contract with Cricket's prepaid plans.
Want great service? Providing outstanding customer care is a top priority at Cricket, which is why we make it easy for you to reach us via chat or on the phone. If you prefer to get answers quickly and easily, view our online support.
Read more about Cricket
Read less about Cricket