cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alcatel PULSEMIX problems after Cricket Update

Cricket update and warranty are horrendous. Makes me want to rip off their heads and shout in their ears they are driving me insane. I bought an Alcatel for my husband. We have returned it to Cricket 4 times only to get same phone then same update then same problems of overheating and battery draining. I think a battery is going to have to overheat explode and kill someone before cricket does anything
0 Kudos

We're sorry to hear that your husband is experiencing issues with his device. All of our new phones have a 1-Year Warranty if you are past the 7-Day return policy. 

0 Kudos

My phone is not overheating like it was before I sent it back in however it continues to drain down at a ridiculous rate! I even purchased the battery back suggested to me by the gentlemen who recommended this phone to me! (Big mistake asking him)! My phone has been on the charger since I woke up at 7am. I have turned it completely off twice for 3 hours each time and still I only have 85%. And it tells me it is 5 hours to a full charge!! Are you KIDDING ME!!!!
0 Kudos

I don't know about everyone else's phones, but i kept mine one the charger from 6pm on Friday until 7am Saturday with the Battery Saver on and the phone turned off. When I got up I turned it on to find I had only 83% on my Pulsemix. I used it about 2 hours (actually only made a couple of short phone calls and played one game of Suduko) My battery charge dropped down to 33%. I plugged it back up and turned it off again for about 3 hours. It stayed on the charger for the rest of the day and the night, mostly turned off! This is ridiculous! Cricket should give us phones to use until they can fix the problem that the software created! Not good customer service!!
0 Kudos
DWBierbaum
Superstar

Yes.  I've learned my lesson with this, and bought a phone that isn't locked to a carrier, and uses Android One, so I get regular monthly updates for my stock android device.  I no longer have wi-fi calling, but that was so hit-or-miss when I DID have it, that I don't miss it at all.  Also, my new Nokia 6.1 has much better antennas and/or signal reception than the Pulsemix.  I downloaded the MyCricket and Cricket Visual Voicemail apps, after installing the SIM from the Pulsemix into the handy little slide-out tray of the Nokia and letting the phone set itself up for Cricket near automatically.

I still have the Pulsemix, and strangely, without the SIM card, it no longer has battery drainage problems, and works fine as an ersatz... er... droidpod?... wifi connected media player and app running device.

I kind of imagine the software support team for these near free devices as two guys locked in a closet, who are responsible for an entire line of devices from flagships on down, so freebie/low cost devices are so low on the "to-do" list for these guys that we'll never see an update to fix this for months, or years.  Lack of support is the REAL price for cheap devices and service, so I can't really complain when this stuff happens, since I should factor in that it WILL happen, when I go for the cheapest option.

0 Kudos
Rknowles2
Extra

This is happening to me as well and my phone lags and is so slow I can't watch videos or take videos
0 Kudos