Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Re: How to block texts coming from email addresses

Jump to solution

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!

I receive these at least once a week, from a throwaway random email address, usually as group text to many phone numbers almost identical to mine. The text or link usually has Chinese characters (which is a guess, since I do not speak Chinese). Obviously I delete and do not reply, but the real solution needs to be that Cricket customers MUST have the ability to turn off receiving text messages from email addresses!  

Please, fix this. It is annoying, and potentially harmful to people, especially children. I do not know what the links go to, obviously, but you need to fix this.

Highlighted
Paparazzi

Jump to solution
I have literally been getting these same types of emails almost every day for the past 5 or so days...they are coming from hotmail addresses and include links to “blogspot.com” websites...they are so annoying and I have no idea how to stop them! I’m also quite concerned with how these people got a hold of my phone number in the first place...please Cricket make it stop Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Also, Hyna doesn't block the texts cause they come from separate random emails.
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This is turned into a major problem with the last two weeks for me. I get five of these today! I also saw how AT&T has a way to solve it. Which means that Cricket does too. Cricket, give us the solution!

Highlighted
Paparazzi

Jump to solution
I downloaded the suggested app and nothing. It's still happening normally late at night. Instead of changing my number and paying $15 only to have it happen again I suggest we all change our service! This is very annoying and seems to target cricket customers since there is no fix for it!
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Jump to solution
I downloaded the app and it did not work. Instead of all of us paying $15 only to have it happen again since Cricket has no wAy to stop it I suggest we all change our service to Verizon or AT&T
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Jump to solution
This is not acceptable. I tried the app and it does not work! I am not paying $15 to change my number. Since this is a Cricket problem it will likely happen again since they do not have a fix for it
I recommend instead of all of us changing our numbers we all change our service to Verizon or AT&T
Highlighted
Extra

Re: How to block texts coming from email addresses NOT FIXED

Jump to solution
I second that. A class action lawsuit should be filed. Especially given Cricket's so-called "solution" to the problem is to change your phone number. Why should we be inconvenienced any further??
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Re: How to block texts coming from email addresses NOT FIXED

Jump to solution

HELLO CRICKET...FIX THIS ISSUE... we know it can be done because your parent AT&T has done it.

What's taking so long. This issue was reported in February of this year. It's now almost November. Do you care so little about your customers? This is shameful. I think we should contact the FCC about your failure to address this issue. They're really interested in stopping robo contacts.

Highlighted

Jump to solution
I'm with you on this I have a business and can not change my number not can I block unknown messages I called cricket and those where my options. I'm so pissed off and ready to tell cricket to kiss my but if they can't stop this
0 Kudos