Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jryuhas
Paparazzi

Going overseas, need rates

Jump to solution

I'm heading to UK and then to Cyprus soon and need to know if cricket offers text and wireless services at reasonable rates while there.  What are the rates for texting and phone calls in the UK and in Cyprus and where would I find that information?  Does cricket offer any text and wireless service plans for these countries that would allow me to use my US phone while there?  If not, any suggestions on how to get text and wireless services using my cricket account while in these countries that don't costs loads of $$$$$$$$$$?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bannistre
A-List Star

Re: Going overseas, need rates

Jump to solution

You might consider unlocking your phone and getting a local SIM at your destination. Some SIMs offer European roaming but make sure it covers the countries you're visiting. 

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello,

At this time we do not offer international roaming options in the U.K. or Europe. Our unlimited plans and grandfathered plans $50 and higher include roaming in Mexico and Canada. 

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

Bannistre
A-List Star

Jump to solution

You might consider unlocking your phone and getting a local SIM at your destination. Some SIMs offer European roaming but make sure it covers the countries you're visiting. 

Jump to solution
Too bad they are completely unhelpful with unlocking your phone unless you’ve been with them for longer than 6 months. They wouldn’t even unlock my phone 4 days early so that I didn’t end up stranded in Brazil with no mode of communication. I must have spoken to at least 8 customer service representatives that all pretty much said “Too bad. Wait 4 days”. So much for customer service.
0 Kudos
RiseUp11
Extra

Jump to solution

Sounds like you have to understand Cricket policy. If they say you must have 6 months before the phone can be unlocked, then that is the policy. That doesn't sound like a customer service issue.