Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peewee5001
Award Winning Star

New vs existing customers

Jump to solution
I don't agree with new customers getting new phones at a cheaper price. A company should take care of all customers the same.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: New vs existing customers

Jump to solution

Hello @peewee5001! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. We completely agree! Cricket appreciates all our customers which is why we offer upgrade discounts, monthly plan discounts, and a referral program that allows you to earn up to $250 per year in bill credits.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @peewee5001! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. We completely agree! Cricket appreciates all our customers which is why we offer upgrade discounts, monthly plan discounts, and a referral program that allows you to earn up to $250 per year in bill credits.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
peewee5001
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
This is the standard company answer but it is not totally truthful. The phone I would like to upgrade to is almost twice the price for existing customers vs new customers. I wish Cricket would treat all customers the same.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@peewee5001 All customers are treated the same. You can only be a new customer once. When you activate you get the new customer offers that are available at that time. After that you get current customer offers. This applies to everyone. The reason they offer separate discounts to new customers is because they will be gaining monthly revenue. They're giving someone an extra $200 credit to then get $60 per month every month that they weren't getting before. For existing customers they're already getting that $60 per month so they get no return on offering a deep discount. If they offered those discounts to everyone rate plans or fees would need to be higher. Businesses are here to make money and gain new customers, not give away money. 

0 Kudos
peewee5001
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
You made my point. You need to treat all customers the same. Cricket wireless outlook on existing customers will cause a higher percentage of existing customer leaving cricket. I just do not agree with treating people different.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@peewee5001 It's simple math. Here's an example: A new customer gets an extra $200 credit on a smartphone and signs up for the $60 plan. That's $720 per year in revenue ($60 x 12). Take away the $200 discount and that's still an increase of $520 in revenue. Now, take an existing customer who is already paying $60 per month and already received an extra $200 discount when they were a new customer. Give them another $200 discount and that's a $200 loss as opposed to a $520 gain. Cricket simply can't give these discounts to all existing customers and make money. Also, to your point of "treating all customers the same". Again, all customers ARE treated the same. Every single customer who joins Cricket can get the new customer discount once and then has the same discounts available as every other existing customer. When you were a new customer you could have gotten whatever new customer discounts were available. 

0 Kudos
MR-X
Superstar

Jump to solution

This is the exact thing ALL companies do. If you weren't offered a good deal as a potential customer, you wouldn't be here as a current customer complaining about not getting the same deals as new customers. 

0 Kudos
peewee5001
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
So what you are saying is it is ok to treat customers poorly because everyone does it. I have an idea why doesn't Cricket step up and start a new trend and do the right thing. I just don't get trying to justify bad behavior.
0 Kudos
peewee5001
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
You are assuming all customers will stay with Cricket. When an existing customer leaves that is a $720 loss. Do not try to justify treating people poorly. I believe you should treat all customers fairly and equally.
0 Kudos