cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sonya
Boots

Galaxy Amp Prime 3 Bluetooth not working

I've had this phone for a little over 2 weeks.  It's a great phone except that sometimes for no reason when I switch the Bluetooth to the "on" position, it does not actually turn on and I'm forced to reset ALL network connection settings in order for it to work.  This means I have to manually re-set up wifi connections, wifi passwords, reset all formerly paired bluetooth connections, etc... I never encountered issues like this with my previous amp prime which worked great for over 3 years.  I've checked for system updates but my system is currently up to date.  Please help.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Moderator Rank

Re: Galaxy Amp Prime 3 Bluetooth not working

Hi Sonya, thank you for contacting Crickets forum. Sounds like you may have to do a warranty claim. You have a full year to make a claim at the store as long as the devices has no water damage or physical damage. Please see link below for further details: 

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/orders-and-activations/warranty/customer/warranty.html

0 Kudos

I've had my phone for about 3 months now and have not had a reason to use bluetooth until now.  But I ham having the same issue: when I to into the settings and try and turn on bluetooth, nothing happens and the button stays gray.  What do I do?

0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem, but my phone is 3-4 months old.  What do I do?

0 Kudos

I have the same problem.  My bluetooth won't turn on.  The on button in Settings stays grey.  But my phone is 3-4 months old.  Now what.  I certainly can't have a phone without bluetooth.

0 Kudos
Moderator Rank

Please make sure that the software of the device is updated. If the Bluetooth is still not working you can do a warranty claim. You have a full year to make a claim at the store or with customer service as long as the devices has no water damage or physical damage. Please see link below for further details: 

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/orders-and-activations/warranty/customer/warranty.html

0 Kudos
Sonya
Boots

Update: The software update that was issued yesterday seems to have fixed this issue. If anything changes I will post another update. Thank you.
0 Kudos

My phone says that the software is up to date, but still not able to enable the Bluetooth.  I guess I will visit the store.  It would be nice if Cricket would stand behind their customers.

Thanks to the good folks at Samsung, I have a solution:

First try: they told me to turn off power saving mode as Bluetooth doesn't work with this mode turned on.  Unfortunately, this did not work.

Second try: Go to Settings, type Reset Network Settings in the search bar at the top, and run that utility app (press the blue button).  It worked!  Bluetooth now turns on!  I have to redo my network password when I get home, but it now works.  

0 Kudos
JanH
Caroline

I've had the phone for almost a month - Bluetooth worked and now it's not. Both the Cricket Store guy and I reset factory settings, and it worked *temporarily*. Sounds like it might be a glitch in the Galaxy Amp Prime 3?
0 Kudos