cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone upgrade - no deals for loyal customers

I have been with cricket for over 4 years. It absolutely pi$$es me off to no end that a new customer only pays $274 for a new s9 and me, a loyal customer, gets charged $549 for the same phone!!!! And gets charged a $25 activation fee for it also. Cricket executives must just be raking in the $$$ over this petty kind of nonsense. Cricket DOES NOT CARE ABOUT LOYALTY!!!! I'll be shopping elsewhere to a provider that will recognize a loyal dollar when they see one!

6 Replies
RiseUp11
Award Winning Star

Re: phone upgrade - no deals for loyal customers

Hey @tbrown34281! Cricket definitely cares about their loyal customers. That's why we get the best value on rate plans and great service! I've been with Cricket for 3 years and they've been nothing but good to me. If you really think about it, we got the same "new customer" offers when we first joined. Even if you switch, you're going to go to another carrier that will give you a deal on a phone, probably less reliable service, and then 4 years later, you will feel the same way. Might as well stick with reliable service and the best value! 

0 Kudos

Dude you are either a cricket employee or a brown noser of the worst kind. Do you just troll customer feedback or are you actually functional in society. I see you have commented on all negative feedback in this community. Get a life or a real job. Award winng star....SMH..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
weezyljk
Extra

I have been a customer of Cricket since 2004. I bought a brand new Samsung phone from them several years ago. Six months later they changed their frequency. I had to buy another phone because it was no longer compatible. $600 and they gave me a $175 credit! I was livid. Couldn't afford to buy another phone like the one I had. Bought another with the credit I received and it was garbage. But the monthly price and service was good so I sucked it up. I went online and bought a compatible phone from a non-cricket company, put my sim card in and it was great. I gave the junk phone to one of my grandsons to play games on with wi-fi. I recently needed to add another line, so I went to cricket because they were having deals on new lines/phone combos. When I inquired as to the total cost, I was quoted $164. Okay, I was good with that. I wanted to keep the plan I was on and add a line. No problem, they tell me. I bought the phone and came home. I called Cricket to make sure everything was like I asked for. NOPE! He changed my plan, decreased my data useage (had unlimited 20gb per month, which I never used all) to 5 gb per month and increased my monthly payment to $125 per month. There is a $90 plan for 3-lines of service. Customer service rep on the other end says, this is incorrect. He changed my plan to Unlimited, gave me a discount on my other two lines, which was what I wanted, and added device insurance to two of my devices. I now pay $104 total for everything. BUT, I now need a new phone and I will be buying from Best Buy or ATT, not cricket. They should offer loyal customers at least 50% discount on new phones. Customer loyalty goes a long way. As does good customer service. I have found that I get better service by buying online or talking to someone on the phone than I do at an actual store. I will stay with Cricket because I get great cell service, but I wont buy phones from them.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
weezyljk
Extra

@ RiseUp11 You are either a troll or a Cricket Emoployee. I did not get a discount when I joined Cricket many moons ago. They didn't offer phones at a reduced rate. Their biggest selling point was no contract. Which is the only reason I am still with them. I do not buy my phones from  tem because they are more expensive than Verizon. So you need to troll yourself on down the road or back to your desk.

0 Kudos

That is absolutely not an answer. We stick with a company for this long and we cant upgrade our phones because they charge an arm and a leg for them yet they give it away to new customers? And I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT GET A DEAL when I joined and am still using the crappy free phone that came with the plan. Why you ask? So I can afford a family of 5 to have unlimited everything. They are about to lose me because I am sick of this piece of crap phone U have while everyone in the world has the chance to buy a better phone.
0 Kudos
bljr33
Award Winning Star

YOU KNOW THAT PHONE REPLACEMENT  INSURANCE  CARRIES A 75.00 DEDUCTIBLE .

0 Kudos