Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wangofree
Award Winning Star

10 person Text Recipient Limit

Jump to solution

I'm disappointed that Cricket only allows a MAXIMUM of 10 people to send a group text to.  I know other carriers are not limited like this.  I have at times the need to send out a group text to 18 people.  This 10 person limit is just an arbitrary limit set by Cricket.  If other carriers aren't limited I'm sure technically Cricket could expand the number of recipients.

This is just my feedback.  I'm sure there are other people that would appreciate this 10 person cap being expanded.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: 10 person Text Recipient Limit

Jump to solution

@Wangofree I'm sure it is probably something they'll have in the future. They have started rolling out RCS support which should allow for more than 10 recipients. I know it sounds like a simple fix but having worked in telecom I know that implementing something like this is a long process. Things with higher priority are likely taking pushing it down the list. It's not just a matter of flipping a switch. They have recently come out with Wi-Fi calling, HD voice, and other features that used to be asked for all the time. I think patience will pay off in the end!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Martha0322 Hello, and thank you for posting on the Community Forum! You would just need to enter your contact names/numbers, and separate them with a semi-colon (Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
13 Replies

Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback @Wangofree. We're always looking for ways to improve.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos
Wangofree
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

I appreciate that you're looking for ways to improve service and the customer experience.  Raising the cap on group text limits would be one way to do that.  Smiley Happy

Jump to solution
Agreed. I also would like to see this cap increased.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I agree we should be allow to have more.  I would say we should be able to text at least 20 maybe 40.  An amount higher than that would allow spam.  I am still receiving unwanted text messages from people I do not know, what service are they using?

0 Kudos
Wangofree
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

I don't think AT&T (cricket) really care about the 10 cap limit on text recipients.  Just getting it up to 15 people would help me tremendously.

Is anyone out there?  I sent a letter to Cricket's corporate office about 8 weeks ago and never got a response.

I think Cricket should plainly state on their website that by signing up, you're getting a 10 cap limit on text recipients.  I would bounce in a heartbeat, but I've got people on my plan that lock me in.

Maybe this is a "first world" problem, but jeesh Cricket, why not become the Best Cellular Provider?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Wangofree I'm sure it is probably something they'll have in the future. They have started rolling out RCS support which should allow for more than 10 recipients. I know it sounds like a simple fix but having worked in telecom I know that implementing something like this is a long process. Things with higher priority are likely taking pushing it down the list. It's not just a matter of flipping a switch. They have recently come out with Wi-Fi calling, HD voice, and other features that used to be asked for all the time. I think patience will pay off in the end!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Need step by step instructions on maximum 10 recipients on
Cricket wireless LG Escape
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Martha0322 Hello, and thank you for posting on the Community Forum! You would just need to enter your contact names/numbers, and separate them with a semi-colon (Smiley Wink

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The semicolon doesn't work as I am just trying to reply...there is no way to insert the semicolon.

0 Kudos