cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Softco
Marv

Re: Apple Watch cellular connectivity?

Cricket is owned by AT&T and presumably shares AT&T’s network with all its capabilities. If they’re not offering Apple Watch support, it’s an intentional business decision to motivate higher-end/Apple Watch users to pay for the premium AT&T service.
0 Kudos

Just adding my voice to those asking for this.  My wife and I just switched from AT&T, and the only hard part has been giving up my apple watch cell plan.  From what I'm seeing, the watch doesn't work with ANY prepaid plan regardless of company, so this may be something that requires some changes on their side.  So going here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html and filling out the form saying "Let apple watch work with prepaid plans" might be useful.

Caroline

We would very much appreciate the addition of LTE connectivity for the Apple Watch on Cricket Wireless. Just as others have mentioned we have been exploring other mobile communications providers and are also seriously considering switching to gain Apple Watch full connectivity for our five family member group. The Big Four or soon Big Three are offering some very attractive plans. I would not take much for Cricket to "turn on" LTE for Apple Watches.

Update please Cricket! Is this coming anytime soon?? Switched from Sprint to you guys and just found out I can not get an Apple Watch! So disappointing. You guys should let apple users know that upfront!

Cricket... come on!! Get with the program, please! You NEED to update to support cellular connectivity on Apple Watch! You will be losing customers if not!

Please, Cricket! We need you to support cellular connectivity for Apple Watch! When is this going to happen? If you do not have plans for this we will need to switch carriers soon so we can get this capability!
Flygirl
Carl

Thank you for the suggestion to contact Apple to make allow prepaid plans to support Apple Watch.

0 Kudos
EricH
Boots

Hoping that Cricket supports the Apple Watch soon. We have loved the Cricket service but have just gotten the watch. Having to look now at changing providers if things don’t change soon .

0 Kudos
acjrcas
Pippa

Why not support iwatch 4?   Why is C ricket behind supporting esim so I can have two numbers on the same phone.  You have great service but this isnt rocket science to add this functionality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
acjrcas
Pippa

It appears Cricket doesnt have the correct development skill set to add the iWatch feature.  The parent company AT&T needs to sep in and help similar to the way AT&T resolved DirectV Now issues.

0 Kudos