cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Apple Watch cellular connectivity?

Does anyone know if Cricket plans to add support for Apple Watch cellular connectivity any time soon? 

11 Replies
Moderator Rank

Re: Apple Watch cellular connectivity?

Thank you for visiting and posting on the Cricket Community Forum! At the moment we have no updates on the Apple watch. Please continue to check on our website for any updates.

0 Kudos

i am also looking for support of cellular watch by cricket. I purchased the apple watch 4 with cellular option in anticipation of that. If they don’t add it soon, I might consider swirtching to tmobile.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply! Do you know if this is something that Cricket has on their radar? It's something I've been waiting for since 2017 when the Series 3 was released. I love Cricket and don't want to leave, but I've been checking out other carrier plans lately because of this.

Same here. It's pretty frustrating that it's not available outside the four major carriers.

sfi888
Carl

Same here! I got the apple watch series 4 with cellular version and hope cricket will have this option soon before I switch all my 5 lines to tmobile... c'mon cricket!! Please!!!

0 Kudos
Tuttifrutti81
Caroline

I have 5 lines with Cricket and I am now considering moving to another carrier even if it means paying more money because they don’t offer cellular for the Apple Watch. Smh... this really upsets me because I did like their service. I guess I’ll make sure I tell all my friends that we’re gonna switch to Cricket to make sure they don’t.
arunagc
Marv

Hi, I have been holding off on the purchase of Apple watch 4 cellular version only since cricket doesn't support it. It would be so convenient to have cellular connection on the watch, so I don't have to lug around my phone everywhere.  We, the cricket customers atleast deserve an answer about cricket's plans on Apple watch, like this year or next year or not in the near future. Few of my friends don't want to switch to cricket only due to this, even though they are paying higher at other major carrier. 

It's good to see others wants this too. My understanding is that supporting esim cards (like those on the Apple watch) requires carriers to perform some network upgrades. It would be very helpful to know if Cricket is working on this, or if there's nothing in the pipeline at this time. I'm trying to decide whether to buy the LTE version of the watch, and knowing this would be helpful. 

0 Kudos

I was sitting here getting ready to switch our families 4 lines (plus an Apple Watch) to Cricket. I then had the realization that we had service for the watch, and googled to check that there would be coverage on Cricket....seeing that this is not supported immediately stopped our transfer to Cricket. I would put this as a high priority for Cricket to work on!

Thanks.

0 Kudos