cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrumpyCat
Stuntman

Can Not Send MMS via iPhone

Jump to solution

Two phone calls and a visit to local Cricket office have failed to fix this issue which has surfaced in recent months after more than a year of satisfactory service.

Sending via MMS is unreliable. Rarely sends on the first attempt. But apparently I can receive OK.

Internet searches suggest the problem is DNS returning an MMS server IP address which is not reachable via WiFi and the public internet. Suggests an override setting for Android which is not possible on iOS. But that provides a hint which usually works: disable WiFi on my iPhone, reboot, and then it seems to reliably send MMS for a few days. But recently has starting having trouble sending SMS too. But no problem messaging to Apple users on iCloud.

Would think an unreachable IP address would result in an instant failure, but the failure message takes minutes. Green bar appears across the top of screen, reaches about 95% then hangs for minutes until the error message. This seems to be more of a timeout at the server than unreachable IP. Trying to send text and picture in one message fails 100%, as does sending two pictures.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Not Send MMS via iPhone or Android

Jump to solution

Hello @vickyd5

If you're trying to use e-mail mms the correct address is number@mms.cricketwireless.net. If you're just trying to send an mms message using your messaging app you'll simply use the phone number. 

Thanks!

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
splitfinger09
Award Winning Star

Re: Can Not Send MMS via iPhone

Jump to solution
I had the same issue. After a ton of calls to Apple, Cricket and my ISP I was unable to fix the problem. I switched carriers. Everything works great now.
vickyd5
Extra

Re: Can Not Send MMS via Android

Jump to solution

I too am having a problem as well.  For some reason, when sending messages to phone, from a computer, with pictures attached, they are bounced back.  

The response was:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.  Timed out.

I have tried sending using (area code and phone number)@sms.cricketwireless.com     as well as

(area code) and phone number @mms.cricketwireless.com.  

I am sending pictures, I have resized the pictures in an attempt for them to go through and that still does not help.

What is wrong with cricket wireless and why are these messages not going through?  These are important messages that need to go to the subscriber for work purposes.

Never had this problem with other carriers.  Maybe it is time to look for another carrier, who will allow the pictures to go through to the subscriber.

0 Kudos
vickyd5
Extra

Jump to solution

I too am having a problem as well.  In my case, the messages are being sent to an Android phone.  For some reason, when sending messages to phone, from a computer, with pictures attached, they are bounced back.  

The response was:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.  Timed out.

I have tried sending using (area code and phone number)@sms.cricketwireless.com     as well as

(area code) and phone number @mms.cricketwireless.com.  

I am sending pictures, I have resized the pictures in an attempt for them to go through and that still does not help.

What is wrong with cricket wireless and why are these messages not going through?  These are important messages that need to go to the subscriber for work purposes.

Never had this problem with other carriers.  Maybe it is time to look for another carrier, who will allow the pictures to go through to the subscriber.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @vickyd5

If you're trying to use e-mail mms the correct address is number@mms.cricketwireless.net. If you're just trying to send an mms message using your messaging app you'll simply use the phone number. 

Thanks!

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos
vickyd5
Extra

Jump to solution

Okay......will try that right now and see if it works using the .net instead of .com.

0 Kudos
vickyd5
Extra

Jump to solution

@BillyM_Cricket 

Okay, so this is the error message I get:

Your message wasn't delivered to number@mms.cricketwireless.net because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

Do you have any other ideas for me?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Bulldog
Walk of Fame

Jump to solution

@vickyd5 Are you using the e-mail application to try to send an mms message or are you simply trying to send a message in the default text messaging app?

0 Kudos
vickyd5
Extra

Jump to solution

@Bulldog,

I am trying to send an email to the Android phone with some pictures attached.  I tried sending it to both sms & mms address.  I have tried resizing the pics and sending each pic individually on each email.  Nothing I do goes through and I need the capability of being able to send messages from a computer to the phone.  Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bulldog
Walk of Fame

Jump to solution

@vickyd5 Why not just e-mail them to yourself and then check your e-mail from your phone?

0 Kudos