cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vickyd5
Award Winning Star

Re: Can Not Send MMS via iPhone or Android

Jump to solution

That is not a resolution and they are not to me.  They are being sent to my boss.  I need a resolution to be able to send text messages to an Android Phone from my in office computer, when he is unable to make it to the office or if he has jobs that he is trying to quote.  I have to send pictures of materials for the customer to select from.

Jump to solution

@vickyd5 The pictures are likely too big to send via mms. I think Cricket limits to 1 mb total. Android phones require a gmail account on the phone. Can't you just e-mail them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GrumpyCat
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

The MMS profile given to the phone by Cricket is supposed to handle size issues.

0 Kudos
GrumpyCat
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

If you're trying to use e-mail mms the correct address is number@mms.cricketwireless.net. If you're just trying to send an mms message using your messaging app you'll simply use the phone number. 

While the above is true it is not a solution to the original problem. The above is a solution to operator error. The original problem (before somebody decided to add Android) is that Cricket can not reliably MMS from the messaging app on iOS. This is a carrier problem, not an operator error. It used to be rare but now it is rare for an MMS to go through.

0 Kudos
vickyd5
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

So after all of these messages, still no resolution!!!!!!!!  Only resolution is to find a different carrier where I can send messages that will actually go through!!!

Jump to solution

@vickyd5 There are 2 solutions that have already been provided. You can e-mail the pictures (just about every smartphone/tablet/etc. has an e-mail account on it) or you can use e-mail mms. To use e-mail mms you open your e-mail, start a new e-mail, and use the format number@mms.cricketwireless.net to message the photos to the number from your e-mail account. The first option will arrive as an e-mail and the second will arrive as a message. Using e-mail mms requires that the message is under 1 mb in size. Most e-mail services allow you to shrink the file size. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jwaldon1987
Paparazzi

Jump to solution

IM ALSO HAVING THIS ISSUE ON AN IPHONE I ALSO KNOW THERE IS A 1MB LIMIT FROM CRICKET BUT WHEN I TRY TO SEND USING AS AN EMAIL IT ALSO WILL NOT SEND AND BOUNCES BACK ANIMATED GIF WILL NOT SEND BUT NORMAL TEXT AND SMILEYS GO THROUGH SUCCESSFULLY 

0 Kudos
GrumpyCat
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

Problem still persists. Can sometimes MMS. Mostly not. Nasty workaround is to disable WiFi, reboot phone, send again. Thought I was conserving resources by enabling WiFi but its getting to be too much trouble.

0 Kudos