cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-List Star

Can't use Visual Voicemail app on pixel 3A running Android Q Beta

Jump to solution

Upgraded to a Pixel 3A running Android Q 6/5 build.  
Visual Voicemail indicates that I have 1 new message, but (also) says "You must have Cricket Wireless service to use Cricket Visual Voicemail" and closes after clicking "OK".

Multiple Uninstalling, and re-installing does nothing to resolve the issue (and, yes, I did grant the all the requested permissions).

Long time Cricket customer, and no problems with Visual Voicemail with Android Oreo.  (I think I successfully used the app when I was on Android Pie, but not 100% certain)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
A-List Star

Re: Can't use Visual Voicemail app on pixel 3A running Android Q Beta

Jump to solution

You can install the AT&T Visual Voicemail app. For some reason it works perfectly on Pixel phones running Pie or higher, even though Cricket's doesn't. AT&T's app isn't accessible through the Play Store though (at least not on Pixel phones with Cricket). You'll have to download the app from a website like APK Mirror and sideload it.

You can also use Google Voice or YouMail, but you have to jump through some hoops to set them up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@mikep35 I wouldn't expect all apps to run properly on Beta software. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
A-List Star

Jump to solution

Maybe 3 months ago, but we are a month away from the GA, so yes, I expect apps to work.  (And Visual Voicemail  is the only app that fails for me)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
A-List Star

Jump to solution

You can install the AT&T Visual Voicemail app. For some reason it works perfectly on Pixel phones running Pie or higher, even though Cricket's doesn't. AT&T's app isn't accessible through the Play Store though (at least not on Pixel phones with Cricket). You'll have to download the app from a website like APK Mirror and sideload it.

You can also use Google Voice or YouMail, but you have to jump through some hoops to set them up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos