cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bethlivingston
Award Winning Star

Cricket remotely locked my brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+ factory unlocked!?

I've had cricket unlimited data/talk/text plan on the same LG phone and same SIM card for the past two years. Plan is always paid each month on autopay & never late.

I ordered a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128gb factory unlocked phone directly from Samsung. Waited a few days before I put my old SIM card into the S10+ phone. Cricket has locked it.

Of course now that it has already happened to me, I'm discovering it is something that happens to Cricket customers frequently. I could have avoided it, had I known. It never occurred to me they were capable of doing it remotely.

Also AIO (cricket wireless) wrote over my OTA software update capabilities with some AIO constipated version. I now am no longer able to receive those ota android security updates directly like I did the first two days I had the phone.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Cricket remotely locked my brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+ factory unlocked!?

@bethlivingston Hi there, we recently sent a message via Facebook in our current chat asking for the imei of the device to further assist. Please provide this in Facebook Private Message. Thank you!

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos
MamasitaMarz
Superstar

Re: Cricket remotely locked my brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+ factory unlocked!?

@bethlivingston That happens with unlocked iPhones too - with any carrier. It gets locked to the first network you use it with. Cricket will unlock it, and you can do a factory reset to restore the device to it's original state.