cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Did cricket break another FCC rule?

I went thru the trouble of setting a PIN and was reassured by a supervisor that only my line will have capability of changing the PIN as she set the other lines to not have text PIN access. Then I set up a secret question, only to find that my PIN was changed. So I’m seeking to know if anyone is aware of what FCC rule they broke by failing to protect my privacy?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Re: Did cricket break another FCC rule?

I smell a major class action lawsuit for breach of privacy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Walk of Fame

@Re: Did cricket break another FCC rule?

@Organic Dude, it's prepaid. ALL lines have equal access. All lines get text notifications, there is no "main line" in prepaid. Gotta read those T&C's! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Paparazzi

Re: @Re: Did cricket break another FCC rule?

I disagree with you minimizing my concerns as why have a PIN and then a secret question if the PIN is unable to be produced . It doesn’t cost but 15 minutes to file a FCC complaint
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paparazzi

Re: @Re: Did cricket break another FCC rule?

So I guess it’s a situation of “buyers beware” as that means that an underaged child or disgruntled partner could increase the plan, remove a phone/line, etc and potentially cause headaches for the parent/partner. So I’m probably going to switch back to a traditional plan where the carrier has better customer service, actually protects my information and as a result I’m sure I’d have better overall service.
0 Kudos