cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost WiFi access

Jump to solution

I have owned a Samsung Galaxy Halo phone for several years and all that time I had WiFi Hot Spot access for which I paid an extra fee.  Recently I changed to the "Unlimited & 15GB Mobile Hotspot" plan and suddenly lost WiFi Hot Spot access. I called the customer several times and asked why my WiFi Hot Spot was cut off.  They told me that I lost access because I change plans and the Hot Spot would not work with the Galaxy Halo. I asked then to be switched me back to my old plan and they told me that could not be done.  They proceded told me that my only recourse was to purchase a new phone. Told them that I paid a lot of money for my Galaxy Halo and expected it to provide WiFi hot spot access. I explained to them that it was ILLEGAL to charge me for WiFi Hot Spot access and not provide that service.  Only after that remark did they offer to give me credit. 

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO ACCESS A PERSON AT CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT CAN EXPLAIN WHAT HOW CRICKET CAN CHARGE FOR A SERVICE THAT NOT IS BEING PROVIDED?

Anyone's help would really be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost WiFi access

Jump to solution

Hello @jimbabc! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. The $60 Cricket More plan offers 15GB of mobile hotspot data when you have a compatible device. If your device is not compatible then you will not be able to take advantage of the mobile hotspot feature, unfortunately. 

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @jimbabc! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. The $60 Cricket More plan offers 15GB of mobile hotspot data when you have a compatible device. If your device is not compatible then you will not be able to take advantage of the mobile hotspot feature, unfortunately. 

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

James:  Would you please read my message very carefully and try to understand.  To say this again,  My Sansung phone does have hot spot access capability.  I used the hot spot capability on my phone for a number of years.  If you look up an old Cricket listing capability it will show that my phone was hot spot capable.  All the number of years I had hot spot I paid extra for this added service. 

Suddenly then I changed plans the hot spot was disconnected.  This new plan had hot spot service but when I tried to access it on my phone it said not available.  Note that I was paying for this new plan that provided hot spot but Cricket was not providing this service. To my knowledge, it is illegal not to provide a service that is being paid for.

Please do the following:  

1.  Reconnect hot spot on my phone

2.  Give me a new phone that has similar specifications that have hot spot

3.  Give me the phone number of a person that can resolve this issue.

Note that the numerous times I was in contact with your customer service they gave me the phone number of a local Cricket retail dealer who has no idea how to help.  

Also, remove the Solution Accepted checkmark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PoboyProphet
Walk of Fame

Jump to solution

It looks like you have one of two options: 

- Ask Cricket to put you back on your old grandfathered plan so that your Halo will be hotspot eligible again

or

- Keep your current plan and upgrade to a Cricket device that is eligible on those plan

The Halo is a few years old. Maybe there is a tech and data tracking reason why there is a difference between plans and devices. The details are available on this page: https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/mobile-wifi/hotspot-eligible-phones.html

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

They won't switch me back to my old.  They keep trying to sell me a new phone.

0 Kudos