cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwalker73
Extra

Mobile Hotspot BYOD phone

Jump to solution
I had an unlocked Galaxy S7 from MetroPCS (former employer) on my CW account and I was using mobile Hotspot with no issues. So much so that I had to change my plan. No problem. A couple of days ago I upgraded to an unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy S9+. Mobile Hotspot connects to my devices but it's not getting data from my phone's data connection. I've tried several APN variations even copying the exact APN settings from my S7. No luck. Please help. I'm a truck driver and I need my hotspot!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mobile Hotspot BYOD phone

Jump to solution

@rwalker73 Hi there, the actual device that you changed to is not compatible with our mobile hotpot plan. Below I have provided a link to our website with the approved devices:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/mobile-wifi/hotspot-eligible-phones.html

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

@rwalker73 You'll need to have the hotspot feature or a plan that includes hotspot to use it. If you're using an app to hotspot they'll cut you off. 

rwalker73
Extra

Jump to solution
I have had the feature added for a long time now. Almost a year.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@rwalker73 Hi there, the actual device that you changed to is not compatible with our mobile hotpot plan. Below I have provided a link to our website with the approved devices:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/mobile-wifi/hotspot-eligible-phones.html

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rwalker73
Extra

Jump to solution
I see the S9 is compatible but not the S9+. What is the fundamental difference between the two phones when it comes to the mobile hotspot feature?
0 Kudos